Van Reenen truck body is a prize finalist
- 2010 Swedish Steel prize. // Mining World;Mar2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p23
The article reports on the 2010 international Swedish Steel prize that was awarded to the South African company Van Reenen Steel Ltd. for developing a lighter and more durable body for dump trucks in the mining industry.
- Engineer's Toolbox: Belaz, maker of world's largest dump truck, wins Swedish Steel Prize 2014. // Designfax;12/2/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 45, p1
The article features Belaz, a manufacturer of mining dump truck, which won the Swedish Steel Prize 2014 for creating the Belaz 75710 largest dump truck, along with finalists including Chilean trailer manufacturer Santander Equipos, TP-Roller developer Timo Penttimies, and mining company Vale.
- POWER IN THE PAINT. // Overdrive;Aug2012, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p82
The article announces that Ray Rodriquez has won the Pride & Polish awards for Best of Show category for his 1988 Peterbilt 379 and 2003 Fontaine trucks.
- Bright blue. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/7/2012, p20
The article announces that Harvey and Karen Zander were awarded the 2011 NAST Truck-Lite Trophy and 5000 dollars for their 2003 International Model 9001x bobtail.
- Jungheinrich UK Wins Design Achievement Award. // Supply Chain Europe;Mar2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
The article announces that Jungheinrich UK Ltd. has won the Design Achievement Award from the Great Britain's Fork Lift Truck Association (FLTA) for its EFG D30 electric counterbalance lift truck, presented at an awards ceremony held at the Birmingham Metropole Hotel in Birmingham, England.
- Beautiful Beasts. Averett, Steven; Carlson, Chris // Waste Age;Jan2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p38
The article features the garbage trucks of various firms in the U.S. which won awards for their designs. For Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, recognized as the City of Murals, there was an obvious solution when it was searching for a way to draw attention to its recycling efforts, that is, Murals on...
- THE OWNERS. // Overdrive;Jul2005, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p25
This article reports that since truck owners Norman and Rhonda Pike began showing Ole Rag truck at the journal "Overdrive"'s "Pride and Polish" competition in 1999, it has become one of the show's best trucks. Their trophies include seven awards at the 2002 competition. Six of those were Firsts,...
- DuPont Shop Wins Big-Rig Build-Off. // Fleet Equipment;Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p40
This article informs that the Elizabeth Truck Center of Elizabeth, New Jersey, managed by E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., has won the Champion's trophy and bragging rights in the first annual Big-Rig Build-Off at the Mid-America Truck show held in April 2005.
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p131
The article offers U.S. corporate news briefs as of December 2011. Cullman Fire Rescue in Alabama chose U.S. fire rescue vehicles manufacturer E-One to build an aerial truck to replace the one lost during an April 2011 tornado. The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced...