Trucker profits fueling vehicle demand
- Sales of used Class 8 vehicles climb 55%. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the 55% jump posted by used Class 8 commercial vehicles sales in August 2010 compared to the same period in 2009, which was revealed by the ACT Research Co. research "State of the Industry: U.S. Classes 3-8 Used Trucks."
- Selling to China? Economy continues to grow. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;9/22/2014, p1
The article presents a report titled "China Commercial Vehicle Outlook" published by the market research firm ACT in partnership with the State Information Center which reveals rise in economy of China during the second quarter of 2014. It presents the views of Frank Maly, director of commercial...
- Trailer Orders Down 17% in July: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;8/22/2013, p1
The article discusses the report, titled "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers," published by market research firm ACT Research Co. (ACT), which revealed that Net trailer orders of 12,739 units were down 17% month-over-month in July 2013. Frank Maly, Director-CV Transportation with ACT Research,...
- Truck, trailer sales to keep rolling. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;May2014, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p19
The article discusses the highlights of the 50th ACT Research seminar that was held in Columbus, Indiana in March 2014. Topics covered include the good sales performance of commercial trucks and trailers in the U.S., the prediction that the good performance of the commercial truck and trailer...
- Commercial vehicle market poised for an upward crawl. // Bulk Transporter;Nov2009, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p38
The article provides a business outlook from ACT Research Co. on the production of U.S. heavy- and medium-duty commercial vehicles in the third quarter of 2009. The company has expected that the quarterly production rates will start a slow climb for the quarter, but year-over-year decline will...
- ACT Research reports tighter trailer backlogs. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the efforts of trailer manufacturers to trim backlogs in the U.S. market as of December 2005, according to a survey by ACT Research. Remarks from Kenny Vieth of ACT Research; Statistics on trailer shipments during the third quarter; Total production of the industry from January to...
- February net orders continue strong for Class 8 trucks. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;3/24/2014, p1
The article discusses the increasing Class 8 and Class 5-7 vehicles net orders in the North American commercial vehicle market in February 2014 according to the report released by Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. (ACT). It mentions that the change in heavy-duty trucks order...
- Class 8 order backlog at 55-month peak. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2011, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the Class 8 truck order backlog in North America which is now at a 55-month peak in April 2011, according to ACT Research Co.
- Class 8 orders bounce back in December. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/23/2012, p9
The article reports on a significant increase in Class 8 truck orders in the U.S. in 2011, according to ACT Research Co. (ACT).