A defensive play
Tags: STOCK funds
- New venture capital fund launched in Zim. // African Business;Jan1997, Issue 217, p25
Reports on the launching of Takura Ventures, a private equity fund which offers investment capital to private sector Zimbabwean companies. Initial shareholders of the fund; Venture to be managed in Harare, Africa.
- With narrow focus, sector funds sink or soar. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;3/20/97, Vol. 89 Issue 79, p8
Looks at the type of investors which sector funds appeal to. Description of the different types of sector fund investors; Examples of investing in the right fund; Why a single sector fund is risky. INSET: Sector superstars of 1997..
- Beware the cost--and difficulty--of selling index funds. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;11/24/97, Vol. 74 Issue 23, p23
Focuses on the challenges faced in the selling of index funds. Information on index funds; How index funds operate; Reference to the fact that some index funds charge redemption fees under specified circumstances; Circumstances under which fees are charged.
- Tech stock party may be over soon. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;5/1/95, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the performance of stock mutual funds for the one and five years ended March 31, 1995. Types; Earnings performance; Market capitalizations; Investment returns; Comments from industry executives.
- Stock Fund Fees Edge up 2 BPS to 0.86%. // Money Management Executive;4/19/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the 0.86% acceleration of stock fund fees in the U.S. as of 2009.
- Good start; what next for stocks. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 97, pB1
Focuses on the performance of stock funds during the first three months of 1996, and what can be expected from them during the rest of the year. Comments from various individuals, including Sheldon Jacobs of No-Load Fund Investor; Relevant statistics on stock performance.
- Bond funds seen slighted in drive for stock products. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;2/12/96, Vol. 161 Issue 28, p15
Reports on the concerns of several bank brokerage executives in the United States on the continuous pour of money by investors on stock mutual funds. Addition of stock fund to the mix by bank brokerage clients; Shift of investors to bond funds to protect their profits; Comments from top...
- Financials don't add up. Kenchington, John // Money Marketing;8/12/2010, p23
No abstract available.
- The best-kept secrets in international funds. Lavine, Alan // Financial Planning;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p76
Discusses several international stock funds. BT Investment International Equity Fund; Oakmark International Fund; Founders Passport Fund; USAA International Fund.
- JULIAN GIBBS. // Money Marketing;3/13/2003, p62
No abstract available.