Contemporary developments in the management of human resources in Africa
- How to Effectively Lead Your Team as the Medical Writer. Beyrer, Julie // AMWA Journal: American Medical Writers Association Journal;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p118
The article presents the author's insights on the ways on how she is leading her team effectively as a medical writer. The author mentions that she is starting with a character like integrity before turning into leadership behaviors. She says that the demonstration of technical proficiency,...
- Resolving Conflict. Booher, Dianna // Executive Excellence;May99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Describes ways to handle conflicts within work groups in companies. Divergent backgrounds of people in an organization; Determination of nature of conflict; Comparison of different conflict resolution strategies; Compromise; Overpowering of other person's views; Collaboration.
- WANTED: DIRECTOR OF HRIS. Rosener, Joanne // Workforce Solutions Review;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p32
The article focuses on the selection of director of Human Resources Information System (HRIS). It presents the findings of a survey on HRIS including the ability to lead strategic discussions around technology, leadership quality and willingness to accept responsibility. Topics include team...
- Experts' strategies for CR team performance improvement. // Clinical Trials Administrator;Mar2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p28
The article presents the views of experts who suggest strategies to improve the performance of clinical research (CR) teams. According to experts Ross Giombetti and Kara Cleveland, addressing behavioral and personality problems could turn a low-performing team into a high-performing one....
- â€œPâ€ is for Leadership. Sloan, Lane // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2015, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p53
The article discusses the role of measuring leadership and the qualities that make for a good leader in business. Topics include details on a leader's role in motivating others through value proposition, details on leaders' need to be planners, details on the importance of a team culture within...
- To Hold Someone Accountable, First Define What Accountable Means. Frisch, Bob; Greene, Cary // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/28/2016, p2
The article gives advice to leaders when thinking about exactly what type of accountability they are offering when accomplishing a task that requires group effort, and discusses the roles of issue owner, team coordinator, and tiebreaker.
- What to Do When You Don't Trust Your Team. Wallace, Wanda T.; Creelman, David // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;9/30/2015, p2
The article discusses the most common triggers of distrust among business leaders and what they can do to work through these issues on their team.
- SEARING SENTIMENT OR COLD CALCULATION? THE EFFECTS OF LEADER EMOTIONAL DISPLAYS ON TEAM PERFORMANCE DEPEND ON FOLLOWER EPISTEMIC MOTIVATION. VAN KLEEF, GERBEN A.; HOMAN, ASTRID C.; BEERSMA, BIANCA; VAN KNIPPENBERG, DAAN; VAN KNIPPENBERG, BARBARA; DAMEN, FREDERIC // Academy of Management Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p562
We examined how leader emotional displays affect team performance. We developed and tested the idea that effects of leader displays of anger versus happiness depend on followers' epistemic motivation, which is the desire to develop a thorough understanding of a situation. Experimental data on...
- Silos Can Kill Your Strategies. Schumacher, Steve // Rock Products;Jul2015, Vol. 188 Issue 7, p39
The article highlights the importance of teamwork across the various departments in any organization. It notes the natural friction between production and departments including quality control, maintenance, and sales. It stresses the responsibility of a leader to prevent silos in the...