Railway Capital in Northern Scotland, 1844-1874
- CP sets 2009 capital spending program. // Railway Age;Dec2008, Vol. 209 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that railroad company Canadian Pacific's (CP) current plans call for capital spending in the range of $645 million to $661 million in 2009. This plan reportedly includes basic renewal of track infrastructure and the locomotive fleet, the beginning of a multi-year intermodal...
- THE BIG ROAD. Ambrose, Stephen E. // American Heritage;Oct2000, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p56
Speculates on the construction of a transcontinental railroad in 1869. Result of the collaboration of Central Pacific with Union Pacific; Financing for the construction project by the United States government; Example of the excesses of the era.
- Capital spending grows in 2015. Schmidt, Brian // Trains;Apr2015, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the increase in capital spending of several railroad companies in the U.S. in 2015. Topics discussed include the $6 billion spending of BNSF Railway for capital projects, the plan of Canadian National Railways to spend $2.6 billion on capital expenditures, including the...
- Building the West Highland Railway. McGregor, John // History Scotland Magazine;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p39
The article discusses the construction of the West Highland Railway in Scotland in the late 19th century by the contracting firm Lucas & Aird, with designs by the civil engineering firm Formans & McCall. Topics discussed include the laying of track beds, construction of bridges and viaducts, and...
- Freight corridor funds. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2011, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the approval by World Bank of a loan for the construction of the initial phase of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor in India in 2011.
- Network Rail prepares for Crossrail. // Modern Railways;Dec2013, Vol. 70 Issue 783, p56
The article focuses on the preparation of railroad networks for the new line Crossrail in London, England. It offers update on the construction of the new railway network, which will open several links to different areas and destinations in the country. It also mentions the preparation of...
- POINTERS. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2009, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses various issues related to the railway industry. Ferrocarriles de Gran Canaria SA has been set up by the island government to manage the construction of a railway on Gran Canaria, Canary Islands. Brazilian state-owned railway development company Valec confirmed in February...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2010, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p15
This section offers news briefs on the railway industry including the construction of the six-station West light rail transit (LRT) project in Calgary, Alberta, the reconstruction of the tram line between Mangyongdae and Pyongyang railway station in North Korea, and the extension of metro Line 3...
- â‚¬500 million for high-speed rail. // Construction Europe;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the approval of the European Investment Bank on a loan to finance the construction of the Y Vasca high-speed rail line linking the cities of Vitoria, Bilbao, and San SebastiÃ¡n in Spain.