- Web-Based Education Commission Urges Congress To Spur Internet Use. // Educational Marketer;01/15/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
Offers information on a report which recommended the use of the Internet in the United States (U.S.) schools.
- A sentimental education, or how the Web ate my homework. Vernadakis, George // Inter@ctive Week;08/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 30, p58
Discusses the incorporation of the use of the Internet into the education system in the United States. Examiantion on the use of the Internet in distance learning; Identification of universities and colleges offering programs in electronic commerce; Benefits of the use of the Internet in education.
- Volunteer to Explore Other Cultures. // T H E Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p28
Features CyberVolunteer, an internet-based program for educators in the United States. Enhancement of curriculum of the teachers; Availability of one-to-one correspondence matches; Participation in the CyberVolunteer program.
- What Can Online Course Components Teach About Improving Instruction and Learning? Schwartzman, Roy; Tuttle, Heath V. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p179
Course design techniques learned from the initial online offering of a general education Oral Communication course can enhance traditional course formats. Electronic course components can increase instructor efficiency while enriching student learning. The use of technology prevents farming out...
- Education Trends Bode Well For Internet Education Businesses. // Electronic Education Report;05/24/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p2
Discusses the impact of education trends on Internet-based education companies in the United States.
- Bits & Bytes. // Community College Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p12
Presents news briefs on technology and education in the United States (US) as of March 2000. Team up between the US Navy and Central Community College to offer an associate degree in electronics technology; Internet collection of some of the system's most popular classes created by community...
- BUSINESS IN A CLICK. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Jul2000, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p6
Comments on the Internet-oriented companies targeting the education-business market in the United States. Expenditures of the nation's education institutions in 1999; Potential savings the Internet can bring to educational institutions; Barriers to educational institutions move towards the...
- REPORT: Virtual K--12 Enrollment To Grow Five--fold During the Next Three Years. Angelo, Jean Marie // District Administration;Jul2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the expected growth of virtual K-12 schools in the U.S. Contents of the book 'Virtual Schools Across America: Trends in K-12 Online Education 2002.'
- Web-based courses proving to be answer to education woes. Makofske // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/17/2000, Issue 322565, p19
Contends that Internet-based courses will eventually become fundamental mainstays of education in the United States. Use of the Internet in larger universities; Changes in demographics expected to foster growth of Internet-based education; Effectiveness of Internet-based training.