Tech Shakeout May Mean The End Of Low, Low Prices For Publishers Experimenting With Ebooks
- Semiconductor light in economic gloom. // Electronics Weekly;11/19/2008, Issue 2361, p32
The article presents information on articles related to the impact of global financial conditions on the electronics and the semiconductor industry posted on the Web site, www.electronicsweekly.com
- Making Money On the Web: the Nordic Example. Lichtner, Edward // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;11/20/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p11
The article reports on the move of publishers Verdens Gang and Afton Bladet to turn their online operations into profitable ventures. Both publishers believe the need to turn their attention into a more profitable ventures while the performance of the newspaper industry continues to decline amid...
- The fiscal and payments crisis. Lushin, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p36
Describes the financial crisis in Russia. Principal cause of the crisis; Consequences of the decline in production; Impact of the proclamation of `financial stabilization' under the conditions of declining production; Connections between fiscal and payment crises.
- NEW YORK: Trouble in Nassau. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Focuses on the financial crisis faced by New York's Nassau County. Decline in sales tax collections for September 2001.
- Don't abandon free market capitalism. Donohue, Thomas J. // Hill;2/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the ability of the U.S. to emerge from the financial crisis stronger than before by acting in accordance to tested principles and deal with challenges in an orderly fashion.
- Ride the greenback. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Feb98, Issue 229, p19
Relates issues pertaining to the economic crisis in Asia. Three major global results of the financial crisis; Delay of hikes of interest rates in the United States and Europe; Sterling's offer of highest money yields; Decline of the Japanese stock market; Strength of the dollar against the...
- Asian bust--U.S. boom? // Buildings;Sep98, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p100
Presents an excerpt from the paper `The Southeast Asian Crisis: Constructing Prosperity in the Wake of Financial Collapse,' by William F. Evans.
- On the edge of crisis: Part II. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p72
Offers suggestions on how Canadians can protect themselves from a financial crisis.
- International financial crises: Myths and realities. Schwartz, Anna J. // CATO Journal;Winter98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p251
Discusses the myths and realities of international transmission of financial crises. How international transmission of financial crises can be prevented; Link between financial crises and exchange-rate crises; Question of whether an individual country that has mismanaged its affairs can cause...