Wireless' Weakest Link
- Swede Inspiration. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the wireless security and reliability offered by Columbitech to its enterprise wireless local area network technology. Features of Columbitech's wireless suite; Function of the company's always-on solution; Advantages offered by the solutions to the enterprise market.
- VoWLAN Could Hit Mainstream. // Business Communications Review;Dec2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
This article reports that according to a research by Infonetics Research Inc., business enterprises are planning to deploy voice over wireless local area networks (VoWLANs) in significant numbers. This research has found that more than a quarter of enterprises with WLANs expect to be running...
- Tips for buying a three-stream access point. // NetworkWorld Asia;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses some tips when buying a three-stream access point. It notes that more than throughput, acquisition of a three-stream access point in an enterprise environment requires the consideration of the general information technology requirements, objectives, planning cycles, and...
- Scuttlebutt. Smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p3
Reports on various issues and developments concerning businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada, compiled as of October 2, 2000. Forecast increase in use of wireless local-area networks for business applications; Incidence of credit card fraud; Shortage of tequila.
- Scottish wireless product community gets innovation centre. // Electronics Weekly;2/18/2004, Issue 2134, p1
A wireless innovation centre opens in Glasgow, Scotland, with the aim of providing development, test and support facilities for firms developing wireless products. The Wireless Innovation Centre at Hillington Park is supported by Scottish Enterprise and firms including Agilent, Cisco, Microsoft...
- Wireless is BIG BUSINESS. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;9/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p46
Reports on the importance of wireless local area networks to businesses. Cost benefits; Details on standards problems; Steps in reducing the risk of vendors failing to meet requirements; Advice for selecting technology vendors.
- Switch/Server/Appliances Gain Share In WLAN Market. // Business Communications Review;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p8
This article reports that in 2004, wireless LAN switch/appliances and server/appliances revenue more than doubled to $37 million and accounted for 18 percent of the total enterprise WLAN market, with access points accounting for the remaining 82 percent.
- WLAN fills place of next-gen networks for business users. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p30
Deals with the use of wireless local area networks (WLAN) by business enterprises. Information on a report by Allied Business Intelligence Inc. on the growth of wireless networks; Security concerns regarding the use of WLAN; Actions taken by several WLAN providers, such as Cisco Systems and...
- Wireless hot-spot. // Management Services;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p31
This article evaluates Toshiba's Public Wireless LAN hotspot solution that allows end users with Wi-Fi enabled mobile computing devices to connect with the access point, or hotspot, to launch an Internet browser and access email, surf the Web, watch streaming video or download multimedia...