U.S. Users Catch SMS Craze
- Manufacturers go for broke in plan for cheap mobile phone handsets. Jacklin, Richard // Electronics Weekly;11/9/2005, Issue 2217, p20
This article reports that the global system for mobile communications (GSM) handset initiative for emerging markets has been described as one of the most beneficial ideas to come from an industry group. The GSM Association's target is to create a sub-$40 handset which will be used by network...
- United we stand. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p16
Presents views on the business performance of GSM Association, a telecommunication company in Europe. Significance of high amount of collaboration among operators, vendors and application developers on the company; Impact of extraordinary prices paid for 3G licenses on operators; Leadership of...
- GSM Europe: EC proposals will threaten Euro success. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p57
Reports on the GSM Association's reaction to proposals from the European Commission covering the regulation of telecommunication operators. INSET: Russia lists terms for new GSM licenses.
- Spectrum Price in India Higher Than Other Parts of The World: GSMA. // Voice & Data;Dec2013, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p77
The article presents data from the global telecommunication industry body GSM Association (GSMA) which reveals the higher spectrum price in India compared to other parts of the world.
- Setting the standards. // Euronet;Apr2001, Issue 10, p51
Presents a digest of standards work and industry initiatives that affect the European communication sector. Opposition of the GSM Association to the proposals; Stand of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) on digital exchange standards; Views the ITU on interconnection studies conducted.
- Calling for Change. Bruce, Chaddus // Foreign Policy;Mar/Apr2006, Issue 153, p92
This article reports on the GSM Association, a trade group which hosted a competition that promised cell phone manufacturers a contract to supply six million handsets to 10 mobile companies operating in emerging markets if they could produce a phone costing only $30. The prize was won by...
- Allocating digital dividend spectrum for could contribute US$15 billion to Latin American economy. // Latin America Telecom;Nov2011, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p8
The article presents information on an announcement made by the organizations GSM Association and AHCIET according to which allocation of digital dividend spectrum for the deployment of mobile services could contribute approximately 15 billion U.S. dollars to the economy of Latin America and...
- Industry calls for two-year wait before 700MHz sale. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Jul2015, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that mobile providers and industry groups such as Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and the GSM Association (GSMA) called the government of India for two-year postponement of 700MHz band spectrum auction for long term evolution (LTE) services.
- GSM group holds roundtable. // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p86
Reports on the first roundtable of chief executive officer's and industry leaders from within the operator and supplier membership held by the GSM Association, with the specific intention of discussing the direction of the association and activities relating to third generation telecommunication...