Philips Grants Usage Rights
- Green Mountain Sites. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;04/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the establishment of telecommunication sites in Vermont by Rural Cellular Corporation (RCC). Effect of a Vermont legislation on infrastructure development on the construction of wireless telecommunication towers; How RCC established its telecommunication infrastructures; Way to...
- Lex Wilkinson. Vittore, Vince // Wireless Review;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the efforts of Lex Wilkinson, vice president of intercarrier services and business security at Rural Cellular, to help wireless communications carrier avoid customer fraud. Views of Wilkinson on the importance of business security; Ways in which the company had solved fraud; Effect of...
- Rural Cellular chooses Grayson location system. // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p29
Reports on an agreement between Rural Cellular Corp. and Grayson Wireless in which Rural Cellular will use Grayson's network-based Geometrix wireless 911 location system. Plans for the installation of the location system.
- CELLULAR/PCS. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p36
Presents an update on wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 8, 2000. First quarter profit of Rural Cellular Corp.; Partnership of Visteon Corp. with Samsung Electronics Co. to develop integrated telematics products.
- Rural carriers overlay to keep roaming $$. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the actions taken by rural telecommunication operators to achieve growth despite the economic slowdown in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. Launch of single technology overlays; Strategic approach of Western Wireless Corp.; Technology plans of Rural Cellular Corp.
- Rural Cellular beta tests second-phase E911 solution. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p6
Reports that Rural Cellular Corp. demonstrated its Phase II wireless enhanced 911 service at the International Association of Public Safety Communications Officials show in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Beta testing of an end-to-end network-based Phase II system in Grand and Douglas counties in...
- RCC begins cross-branding. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p31
Reports that Rural Cellular Corp. has launched its first cross-branding effort uniting all of its wireless companies. Television advertising campaign.
- Rural Cellular chooses Openet mediation platform. // RCR Wireless News;2/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p9
Reports that Rural Cellular Corp. is deploying the FusionWorks Wireless convergent mediation platform of Openet Telecom to consolidate its various mediation solutions into one convergent mediation platform. Capabilities of the mediation platform from Openet.
- Rural cellular adds six cell sites. // RCR;11/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p28
Reports that Cellular 2000/Rural Cellular Corp. added six cellular sites to its Minnesota operational service area. Sites covered by the Cellular 2000 project; How the addition of wireless sites affects call quality; Paging transmitters added by Keypage/Rural Cellular Corp.