EarthLink Unleashes Web Browsing
- EarthLink Eyes Wireless Future. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the entry of EarthLink Inc. in the wireless communication business. Wireless features added by EarthLink in its portfolio; Estimated number of subscribers of EarthLink by the end of 2001; Expansion of the service of the Internet service provider.
- Wireless Internet players add Wi-Fi, GPRS tools. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on EarthLink company, a wireless Internet service provider (ISP) in the U.S. Background on the Everywhere wireless initiative of the company; Information on other wireless ISP players; Services offered by the company.
- EarthLink's wireless hopes. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;6/18/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p76
Reports on the plan of Internet service provider Earthlink Network Inc. to extend its services to the wireless communication systems market. Information on the Everywhere initiative launched by the company as part of its expansion plans; Advantages of Earthlink over other Internet providers;...
- Neomar intros wireless ASP. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p8
Reports on Neomar Inc.'s introduction of its Enterprise Content Server at the DEMOmobile show in California in 2000.
- EarthLink to test BlackBerry. // RCR;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p11
Focuses on Earthlink Network Inc.'s decision to do a market test of its wireless service called Airmanager.
- San Francisco picks Wi-Fi partner. Garcia, Andrew // eWeek;4/17/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p24
The article reports on the plan of the city of San Francisco, California, to provide citywide Wi-Fi services for its residents and visitors alike with the help of EarthLink and Google. The joint proposal offers both paid and free services. However, advertising will play an important role for...
- Earthlink Gambles on Wireless. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the business plans of Internet service provider EarthLink as of October 2005. Financial performance of EarthLink for the second quarter of 2005; Decline in the number of subscribers to EarthLink's service; Role of wireless communications in the plans of EarthLink.
- Earthlink strikes wireless alliance. Le Thomas, Nguyet // America's Network;6/15/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p11
In hopes of dominating a niche few other Internet service providers (ISP) have ventured into, Earthlink has partnered with Digitalpath Networks to offer wireless broadband Internet service. The deal is part of Earthlink's intention to put itself a step ahead of competitors by extending the ways...
- EarthLink Looks Beyond Wi-Fi. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the plan of wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) networking company Earthlink to expand beyond its vision of unlicensed spectrum to licensed in the U.S. by 2008. Approval given by the city council of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Earthlink for the construction of a Wi-Fi network in the city;...