Extended Systems, Compaq Ink Deal
- Compaq reinforces support for Linux. Popovich, Ken // eWeek;6/25/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p20
Reports that Compaq Computer Corp. unveiled several programs aimed at enterprise users of the Linux operating system. Range of software tools launched by Compaq to support server clustering and enable the migration of applications between Linux and its proprietary systems; Investment and...
- News Briefs... // Electronic Education Report;12/06/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p7
Presents developments related to the educational software industry in the United States as of December 6, 2000. Online assessment tool introduced by the Learning Network; Release of 'Instant Multiplication' from Learn.COM; Selection of Classroom Connect Inc. by Compaq Computer Corp. to supply...
- Education Plans Take Shape in New HP. // Electronic Education Report;5/24/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the installation of education computer software base following the merger between Hewlett-Packard Co. and Compaq Computer Corp. in California. Unification of education hardware vendor; Terms of installed base in schools; Estimation of education hardware sales.
- SANs: OPEN QUESTION. Lelii, Sonia R. // eWeek;08/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p18
Reports on Compaq Computer Corp.'s partnership with Prisa Network Inc. to co-develop software that maps open storage area network (SAN) topology and performs diagnostic tests. Significance of intelligent software on a SAN appliance; Opening of Compaq's Enterprise Storage Customer Center in...
- Clustering roadblocks. Gruener, James; Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;07/07/97, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p8
Discusses the efforts of IBM and Novell Inc. to develop next-generation clustering technologies to rival that of Compaq Computer Corp. The delay in the release of IBM's middleware; The delay in the Wolf Mountain clustering technology from Novell.
- Compaq, Cable & Wireless pair to pitch ASP wares. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;11/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p29
Reports on the joint venture between telecommunications firm Cable and Wireless and computer vendor Compaq to launch a global application service provider (ASP) business. Details of the joint venture agreement; Background on the planned ASP venture.
- Mobile solutions: joined-up thinking makes unified sense. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;August 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p234
This article reports that mobile software vendors Extended Systems Inc. and Pointsec have announced that they will be collaborating to bring mobile solutions to market. The partnership will enable each company to offer a secure solution to enterprise customers, consisting of an integrated...
- Company Spotlight: Hewlett-Packard. // MarketWatch: Technology;October 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p40
This article presents information on various developments and business plans of the software company, Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP). In the wake of company's shortfall in earnings, Carly Fiorina, the company's chairman and chief executive officer, said that there would be some heads rolling, and...
- HP Sued for vote pressure. Popovich, Ken // eWeek;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p10
Although Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) is pressing on with its integration plans for Compaq Computer Corp., issues surrounding the proposed buyout are far from settled. In addition to the fact that the official HP shareholder vote has not been tallied, HP board member Walter Hewlett, the most vocal...