- Netravali, Rao Get Top U.S. Awards. // Siliconindia;Jun2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p15
Reports the honors received by Indian entrepreneurs Arun N. Netravali and Calyampudi R. Rao in the U.S. Purpose of the national medal, a type of awards given by U.S. president George W. Bush; Career history of Netravali and Rao; Historical background of the national medal.
- FAST FACTS. // Interactive Week;2/12/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p62
Presents news briefs on the computer industry in the United States as of February 12, 2001. Terms of the partnership signed by `Time' magazine with BlackPlanet.com; Agreement signed by Nokia with InterTrust Technologies; Alliance formed by EMusic.com with Hewlett-Packard Co.; End of the rebate...
- Finnish city matches wireless with practical apps for business, gov't. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that Oulu, a small city in Finland, is integrating wireless service into everyday life as it seeks to compete globally in attracting and supporting high-technology companies. Oulu, home to a Nokia Corp. research center and hundreds of technology companies, is trying to stay...
- Mobile Hip Replacement. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;5/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p54
Evaluates the roam-at-home devices, LifeDrive mobile manager from PalmOne and Nokia 770 Internet Tablet from Nokia. Features; Pros and cons; Retail price.
- Technology shift drives Nokia into region. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the expansion plans of Nokia Inc. in the White Plains district of New York City or in Stamford, Connecticut in 2004. Demand for greater remote access to the Internet in the areas; Plans of the company to purchase sites for expansion in the areas; Technology shift resulting from the...
- Research's high priest. Kumar, Rita // Siliconindia;Mar2000, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p50
Profiles Arun Netravali, president of Bell Labs, one of the foremost research institutes in the world. Work in the shaping of high definition television (HDTV); Development of a powerful video compression algorithm; Netravali as one of the foremost scientists in the area of digital video...
- Bell Labs Appoint Netravali as President. // Electronic News;11/08/99, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p16
Highlights the appointment of Arun Netravali as president of Bell Labs company, the research and development arm of Lucent Technologies company. Professional background; Plan of Bell Labs to build a research center in China.
- Fort Worth stays on cutting edge of high-tech industry. O'Flaherty, Kristi // Fort Worth Business Press;12/31/99, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p15
Reports on developments concerning the high technology industries in Fort Worth, Texas, as of December 1999. Telecommunication innovations in the 1990s; Production capacity at Nokia Mobile Phones Inc. and other companies at the Alliance facility; Growth of firms which supply parts to Nokia;...
- Stamford firm building Nokia HQ in Westchester. Gurliacci, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/20/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 51, p12
This article reports that A.P. Construction Inc., of Stamford is constructing a building in Harrison, New York, for Nokia Corp., the giant Finnish cell phone maker, which expects to move into new regional headquarters by the end of 2005 with about 150 employees, including local hires and...