Bright Future For Hutchinson 3G Buildout
- First mover 3 will benefit from advantages of pre-launch ads. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);2/20/2003, p18
Reports on the first-mover advantage given to customers by elongating the pre-launch period of the first third-generation mobile phone service by the mobile company Hutchison 3G in Great Britain. Advantages enjoyed by customers from the 3G service; Factors that have led marketers to launch...
- The selling of 3G. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;6/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p14
Discusses marketing-related issues pertaining to the launching of the W-CDMA service, branded 3, by the Hutchison 3G UK Ltd. in Great Britain, Italy, Sweden, Austria and Australia in 2003. Problems relate to the use of discounting strategies in offering the product to end-users; Price packaging...
- 3G killer apps are in the consumer's hands. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;6/20/2002, p22
Comments on the decision of Hutchison 3G to launch its third-generation wireless communication service at the end of 2002. Reason behind the decision; Advantages of the decision of Hutchison; Criticisms against the plan of the company not to subsidize the cost of third-generation telephones.
- Voice still kina of the 3G. // Wireless Asia;Nov2004, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p14
No abstract available.
- Movements. // Wireless Asia;6/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p12
Reports on developments in the wireless communications industry, as of June 2003. Positive effect of the ability of the Vodafone Group to cut its pre-tax loss for fiscal 2002 by half; Decision of the Hutchison 3G UK Ltd. to offer pictures and video clips from the adult multi media firm Playboy...
- BBC Technology moves in on wireless after Hutchinson tie-up. Brooks, Greg // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p11
Reports deals entered by BBC Technology following agreement with Hutchison 3G to provide media content for distribution over the wireless platform; Background of Ann Wilson, managing director of BBC's commercial division; Responsibility of Wilson in the company.
- 3 draws up shortlist for DM assignment. Billings, Claire // Campaign (UK);9/16/2005, Issue 38, p1
This article reports that mobile phone network Hutchison 3G UK Ltd. is looking for a direct marketing (DM) agency to handle its customer acquisition business. 3 has approached a number of agencies about a brief to develop an acquisition strategy using DM and digital to increase its customer...
- Two Austrian carriers launch UMTS. // RCR Wireless News;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p29
Reports that Mmobilkom Austria and Hutchinson 3G Austria have launched Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS) services in May 2003. Features of Siemens' U10 mobile phone which supports the UMTS service of Mmobilkom; Partnership between Siemens AG and Universal Studios.
- 3 scraps roaming charges. Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the plans of Hutchison Whampoa's 3 to remove the surcharge for roaming services across its wireless-code division multiple access networks in eight countries worldwide. The 3 Like Home policy plan means that 3's customers traveling abroad will no longer pay any roaming...