Sierra Wireless Begins Rebound
- Sierra ships AirCard 300. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p30
Announces the launching of PC Card modems supporting Windows CE, 95, 98 and NT from Sierra Wireless Inc.
- Sprint adds sixth wireless card to product portfolio. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;5/31/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p39
The article evaluates the Sprint Sierra AirCard 595U from Sierra Wireless Inc.
- Sierra releases embedded modem compatible with Sprint Nextel's EV-DO network. // RCR Wireless News;12/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p11
The article reports on an embedded laptop card unveiled by Sierra Wireless Inc. which can operate on Sprint Nextel Corporation's CDMA2000 Ix EV-DO network. The Sierra Wireless MC5720 PCI Express Mini Card is designed for integration into laptop computers and other mobile devices. Equipment...
- PC cards hit stride as network speeds rise. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the increase in the demand for personal computer (PC) cards by companies offering wireless broadband networks in the U.S. Comparison of code division multiple access EV-DO network with high-speed wired Internet connections; Reason behind the weak sales performance of the PC card...
- Novatel new No. 1 in U.S. PC card market. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p13
Reports on the dominance of Novatel Wireless Inc. in the personal computer card market in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2005 beating its rival Sierra Wireless Inc. Factors attributed to Novatel's increase in PC card sales; Revenue generated by the company from PC card sales; Features of a...
- CTIA Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p28
Highlights the products and services launched at the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association Wireless show in Atlanta, Georgia in March 2004. AirCard 775 PC Card and the MP 775 GPS modem for EDGE networks from Sierra Wireless; Marketing of complete machine-to-machine solutions for...
- Manufacturing, design partnership reduces PC card assembly costs. Kuypers, Bill // EDN;6/22/95, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p111
Presents a discussion on a faster method of manufacturing of PC cards. Traditional nuts-and-bolts approach to socket hold-down during reflow soldering; Zero insertion force (ZIF) solder-retent clip; Benefits from this approach.
- Five vendors announce PCMCIA data-acquisition cards. Strassberg, Dan // EDN;10/26/95 Supplement Literature Link, Vol. 40 Issue 22, pLL6
Features a number of PCMCIA data-acquisition cards. Specifications and capabilities; Prices; Contact information.
- A review of two speech synthesizer cards for portable... Leventhal, Jay D.; Perez, Julio C. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Nov/Dec96 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p15
Evaluates two speech synthesizer cards that are based on the Personal Computer Memory Card International Association's (PCMCIA) standard for portable computers. Keynote Gold VoiceCard, manufactured by Pulse Data International; Messenger-IC, manufactured by AICOM; Features of the PCMCIA device...