Motient Finds Cash To Keep Moving
- More Merger Mania. Fales, Dan // MotorBoating;Apr2001, Vol. 187 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the acquisition of Motient by TMI Communications when regulatory approval is received in 2001.
- Motient's Reorganization Plan Progresses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the proposed reorganization plan of Motient Corp. Agreements entered by Motient with its note holders; Corporate debt of Motient; Services offered by the company.
- Motient Unearths Solid Funding; Globalstar Lost In Space. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Examines the actions taken by two satellite telecommunication providers in the United States to address their financial problems. Significance of the joint venture of Motient Corp. with TMI Communications; Move of Globalstar to stop its credit payments.
- Motient Files For Chapter 11. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p7
Reports that wireless data company Motient Corp. had filed for bankruptcy in the Eastern District of Virginia on January 10, 2002. Description of the reorganization plans of the company; Services which the company provides; Discussion on the finance-related activities of Motient.
- Motient to Reorganize Under Chapter 11 Process. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on a voluntary reorganization plan filed by two-way wireless data network provider Motient Corporation with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in December 2006. The company reported $238 million in assets against $495 million in debts, defaulted on...
- TMI launches packet data service. // RCR;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p14
Announces the Specialized Services packet data mobile communications solution from TMI Communications. Availability of the solution; Data network the Specialized Services messaging protocol uses.
- TMI to launch packet data network. // RCR;03/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p6
Reports that the mobile packet data network which TMI Communications launched, will become available in all 50 states and in Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Indication that the MSAT geostationary satellite will be used in the process; Aim of the service; Provision of the MSAT data hub.
- TMI plans U.S. debut. // Traffic World;06/29/98, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p49
Reports on the plan of TMI Communications company to enter the United States market in the summer of 1998. Competitors of TMI; Specialized services offered by the company; Features of the product developed by the company.
- Motient leader replaced by consultants. // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
Deals with the decision of wireless data carrier Motient Corp. to replace its President and CEO Walter Purnell with consulting firm Communications Technology Advisors L.L.C. (CTA) as part of its restructuring strategy. Responsibilities of CTA for Motient; Reason for the replacement; Plan of the...