VoiceStream Launches GPRS In Stealth Mode
- Commercial GPRS off to slow start. Omatseye, Sam // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the status of the wide-scale adoption of commercial General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) in the U.S. as of January 2001. Preparation of vendors, operators and software companies for full implementation by the middle of 2001; Technical and commercial obstacles to the full launch of...
- business, not technology, can delay services. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p20
Comments on the factors that influence the success of the technology development for wireless communications. Problems with the general packet radio service (GPRS) roaming technology; Program launched by the GSM Association for roaming agreements; Complexity of GPRS roaming.
- Traffic Monitoring, Management Can Address GPRS Complexity. Stormon, Chuck // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p3
Comments on the complexity of the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) technology. Application of a comprehensive traffic monitoring and management in addressing the complexity; Goal of implementing GPRS; Features of GPRS.
- RIM to offer high-speed device. // InfoWorld;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
Deals with the plan of Research in Motion (RIM) to add high-speed data and voice capabilities to its handheld devices. Details on the deal made by RIM with VoiceStream; Information on iStream, the General Packet Radio Service offered by VoiceStream; Capabilities of RIM devices with iStream.
- Where The GPS Rollout Stands. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p36
Reports developments related to general packet radio service in the U.S. as of February 2002. Plan of AT&T Corp. on the deployment of GPRS; List of states offering GPRS; Expansion in the selection of GPRS-equipped phones offered by VoiceStream Wireless Inc.
- Walking A Fine Line. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;7/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p1
Reports that three major U.S. wireless carriers Voicestream Wireless Corp., Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless have been rolling out their general packet radio service (GPRS) networks and quietly introducing the new data services to consumer and enterprise customers. Mention of questions...
- VoiceStream Wireless. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on wireless communication carrier VoiceStream Wireless. Number of subscribers and employees as of December 2001; Implication of Deutsche Telekom's purchase of VoiceStream for the company.
- T-Mobile launches in Calif., Nevada. // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p13
Reports on the launching of the T-Mobile brand into the U.S. market by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. with a voice and data campaign in California and Nevada. Features of the T-Mobile Get More services; Number of states being catered by the service.
- Data over the voicestream. // Telephony;10/20/97, Vol. 233 Issue 16, p26
Reports on VoiceStream Wireless' introduction of @Stream, a wireless electronic mail delivery system that allows its customers to receive messages via their personal communication services handsets.