Hollings Ollers Over Broadcast Spectrum
- Industry has election eye on Hollings. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p3
Comments on the importance of the re-election bid of Senator Ernest Hollings to the broadcasting industry in the United States. Influence of Hollings on the US House telecommunications subcommittee; Comments from Torie Clarke, a spokeswoman for the National Cable Television Association.
- When E. (F.) Hollings Talks . . . // Broadcasting & Cable;8/11/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 32, p28
Editorial. Reports on the retirement plans of E.F. Hollings, U.S. Senator and a member of the Commerce Committee. Career profile of Hollings; Overview of campaigns of Hollings regarding deregulation of the broadcasting industry; Assessment of relations of Hollings with broadcasters.
- Hollings Won't Return After '04. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;8/11/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 32, p30
Reports on reactions to the announcement of retirement by Senator Ernest Hollings. Opinion of Hollings on the deregulation of broadcasters' television household reach; Statement by Eddie Fritts, president of the National Association of Broadcasters on his retirement; Career profile of Hollings;...
- And Justice for all broadcast. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on issues related to the grant given by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to Antitrust Division of an authority over all media mergers. Complaint of Senator Fritz Hollings on the DOJ decision; Disadvantage of the decision to the broadcasting industry; Control of DOJ of all major...
- Hollings to pursue `safe harbor.' // Electronic Media;04/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Reports that top industry officials were told by Senator Ernest Hollings that he was serious in pursuing his `safe harbor' legislation. What the bill requires of broadcasters; Who Hollings sent letters to the week ending April 26, 1997.
- Dumping door reopens: U.S. urged to pursue new case against Japanese. Gates, Max // Automotive News;3/1/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5488, p34
Reports on the suggestion of Senator Fritz Hollings to file a dumping case against the Japanese. Dumping margins on some 1993 model Japanese vehicles sold in the United States; Difficulty of winning the case if the Sentra and Civic are targeted; Meeting of Big 3 executives with Commerce...
- Will Cingular Spectrum Plan Fly? Rockwell, Mark; Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the proposal by Cingular Wireless to relocate public safety users in the U.S. in the 800 megahertz (MHz) band to a spectrum occupied by broadcasters and then auction the 800 MHz spectrum and use some of the proceeds to cover the relocation expenses incurred by public safety users. ...
- Lawmaker aims to stop ownership rule review. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p2
Reports that United States Representative David Obey will block the Federal Communications Commission from holding a review of broadcast ownership rules. Barring of the FCC to use its funds to review ownership rules; Plan by Senator Ernest Hollings to hold a hearing on broadcast ownership.
- On the Fritz. Crawford, Craig // National Journal;6/08/98, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p1322
Looks at the chance of Fritz Hollings, a Democratic senatorial candidate in South Carolina, in winning the election. Political views of Hollings.