Verizon Quietly Unveils CDMA2000 1X
- CDMA breaks out of the gate. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;4/1/96, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on the code division multiple access (CDMA) accomplishments, which were unveiled at the Cellular Communications Industry Association's Wireless 1996 show, held in Dallas, Texas. Announcement of Bell Atlantic Nynex Mobile; Views of Ira Brodsky, president of Datacomm Research.
- CDMA's next phase. Titch, Steven // Telephony;3/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p136
Overviews the claims of code division multiple access (CDMA )in terms of its networking capabilities over other telephony counterparts. Problems of the telephony systems in RF concerning capacity and range; Upward leap of other developers into marketing; Satisfaction of other carriers into...
- Optimizing performance and maximizing capacity in CDMA systems. Singer, Andrew // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep98, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p18
Discusses means of optimizing performance and maximizing capacity in code-division multiple access (CDMA) systems. Optimization as a critical stage that can affect the performance and capacity of a CDMA system; Examples of optimization methods for such type of systems; Impact of pilot pollution...
- Billion-dollar buildouts. Krapf, Eric // America's Network;10/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 19, p58
Reports on the competition in the code division multiple access (CDMA) personal communication service (PCS) market in the United States. Battle between the telecommunication corporate giants; Share of Motorola in the PrimeCo buildout and garnered the third biggest CDMA contract with GTE;...
- The technology of CDMA. // Telecom Asia;10/01/96 Supplement CDMA, Vol. 7 Issue 10, pS7
Looks at the technology of the code division multiple access (CDMA). Improved network capacity; Controversy concerning CDMA; Technical refinements; Problems with CDMA implementation.
- Test equipment tackles CDMA. // Telecom Asia;10/01/96 Supplement CDMA, Vol. 7 Issue 10, pS11
Focuses on test and measurement equipment for code division multiple access (CDMA). Base station testing; Maintenance of network quality; Handset for increasing network responsibility.
- Early CDMA implementations prove capacity, quality claims. // Telecom Asia;10/01/96 Supplement CDMA, Vol. 7 Issue 10, pS14
Discusses the capacity and quality gains of the code division multiple access (CDMA). Factors that affect CDMA quality; Increase in capacity over advanced mobile phone service (AMPS); Capacity calculation.
- CDMA waits in the wings. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;9/4/95, Vol. 229 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the efforts by telecommunications companies to develop code division multiple access (CDMA) technology. Testing by AirTouch; Features of the development efforts by US West Cellular; Comment by Craig Farrill, corporate vice president and chief technology officer at AirTouch.
- Broadband becoming a reality for wireless data. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;11/25/96, Vol. 3 Issue 27, pI-2
Focuses on the development of the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), a digital technology implemented by cellular and personal communications services (PCS) carriers. Capacity gains over analog cellulars; Additional spectrum for expansion and future services; Use of wireless data services as...
- Theories of evolution. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;04/14/97, Vol. 232 Issue 15, p40
Focuses on the debate in the wireless technology industry over the viability of code division multiple access (CDMA). Japanese wireless operator NTT DoCoMo's announcement that it considers wideband CDMA as strong candidate for the country's next generation wireless standard; Name of the...