- A pep talk. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p10
Comments on issues in the wireless industry. Junk-bond status of Ericsson; Status of Motorola's share price; Situation of the collective wireless industry.
- International. Hickman, Beth // Cellular Business;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p18
Reports on the completion of CDMA intersystem network roaming test among several Chinese cities by Motorola's Cellular Infrastructure Group and on the setting up of wireless retail shop of Ericsson in Brazil. Use of IS-41 Revision B in the intersystem among Chinese cities; Investment of...
- `Chatboard' Rides SMS Wave. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p20
Offers a look at two short messaging services (SMS) devices for wireless communication which would be launched in the United States market. Details on the Chatboard device from Ericsson; Cost of the device; Plans of Motorola; Description of the iTap technology of Motorola.
- High-fliers Take A Dip. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Deals with the projected decline of the global sales of handset wireless communication systems in 2000. Impact of the projected decline on Motorola; Effect of the projected decline on the shares of Nokia and Ericsson; Reasons for the projected decline cited by Motorola executives.
- Strange bedfellows. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the Wireless Village initiative, joint venture among Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola. Goals of the initiative; Basis for its standards and procedures; Statistical information on the growth rate for handset sales during the first quarter of 2001.
- Multipoint fixed wireless system on tap. Martin, Michael // Network World;9/10/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p8
Reports the launching of Tsunami Point, a point-to-multipoint fixed wireless system from Western Multiplex Corp. in Atlanta, Georgia. Affordability of the system; Installation of an interference blocking system for smooth operation; Introductory price of Tsunami Point.
- Western Pounces. // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p20
Introduces Lynx.HD, a wireless communication system developed by Western Multiplex Corp. Features of the system; Applications of the equipment.
- On a mission: Amir Zoufonoun charts global territory for Western Multiplex. Kelly, Sean // Communications News;Oct2000, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p16
Profiles Amir Zoufonoun, president and chief operating officer of Western Multiplex. Launching of Lynx wireless link by the company; Growth of the company; Career of Zoufonoun at Western Multiplex.
- Vendors supply equipment to enhance student safety. // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Reports on an nationwide school-grant program in the United States that will provide Ericsson digital phones and AT&T wireless service to schools in an effort to increase safety. Safe Schools Program; Motorola's promotion of pagers for personal safety of children through its safety guide `Kids...