Motorola, Siemens Press 'Hold'
- Siemens, Motorola JV talks on hold. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p11
Reports on the suspension of the joint venture negotiation between Siemens AG and Motorola Inc. in 2001.
- Possible JV foe Siemens, Motorola. Fyffe, Steven // Electronic News;10/8/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the possibility of a joint venture between Siemens AG and Motorola Incorporated. Performance of the companies in the financial markets; Views of technology analysts about the joint venture; Cellular telephone manufacturers that have pursued joint ventures in 2001.
- First 300mm Wafer Rolls Off Fab Line. RISTELHUEBER, ROBERT // Electronic News (10616624);02/15/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2257, p16
Reports that a 300 millimeter wafer has been successfully fabricated at a wafer fab in Dresden, Germany jointly owned and operated by Siemens and Motorola. Comments from Horia Grecu, deputy general manager of the joint venture; Challenges that have to be addressed before production becomes...
- Making Trades For The Future. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p10
Reports that swaps and joint ventures will become increasingly common between wireless telecommunication vendors. Potential benefits of a trade between Motorola and Siemens; Recommendation of analysts to big original equipment manufacturers; Challenges posed by consolidation; Result of...
- Worldwide highlights. // Solid State Technology;Apr99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p14
Presents news briefs on the semiconductor industry worldwide as of April 1999. Plans of the Siemens-Motorola Semiconductor3000 joint venture in 1999; Growth rate status of CMP polishers market; Sales status of global semiconductor in 1998.
- Chips, anyone? // Business Press;3/22/96, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p2
Reports that officials of Motorola Inc. and Siemens AG are considering Fort Worth, Texas as location for their computer-chip plant.
- Siemens, Motorola marry fortunes in 300mm race. Morrison, Gale // Electronic News;01/19/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2202, p2
Focuses on the partnership between Siemens AG and Motorola Inc. to fund the engineering of 0.25-micron 300-millimeter wafer production at Siemens Microelectronics Center in Dresden, Germany. Total amount of funding needed for the project; Main goal of the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Motorola SPS manufacturing moves. // Electronic News;01/19/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2202, p4
Reports on Motorola Semiconductor Products Sector's development of 300-millimeter wafer production based on Siemens' 0.25-micron process.
- Motorola to support Siemens FRAMES 1B UMTS protocol. // RCR;10/27/97, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p32
Reports on the combined efforts of Motorola Incorporated, Siemens AG company and other Global System for mobile communication equipment to develop a next generation wireless standard, which combines elements of Code Division Multiple Access and Time Division Multiple Access technique. ...