NextWave Settlement Still In Works
- Congress Could Set Off Wireless M&A. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/24/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p1
Reports that the efforts of the United States (U.S.) Congress to block the proposed settlement between bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission could ignite consolidations in the wireless industry. Value of the proposed settlement; Background on the spectrum...
- NextWave Negotiations Continue. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between wireless service providers, the United States government and NextWave Telecom Inc. regarding spectrum licenses of Nextwave. Response of government lawyers and legislators on the issue; Background information on how NextWave took the licenses from the...
- LOBBYING OVER $16 BILLION WORTH OF AIRWAVES. Mullins, Brody // National Journal;2/2/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p328
Explains that lobbyists of NextWave Telecom Inc. in the United States (U.S.) Congress are reaping valuable fees for the resolution of the re-auctioning made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for the wireless spectrum originally won by NextWave in a bidding. Details of the...
- NEXTWAVE ASSET VALUE DROPS AS HIGH COURT RULING LOOMS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the declining value of the wireless licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. in the U.S. as of May 13, 2002. Amount of the licenses offered in a re-auction with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and wireless operators last January 2002; Bankruptcy situation of NextWave.
- Notoriety. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p12
Comments on the issue of the wireless licenses involving NextWave Telecom Incorporated. Large carriers in the United States that want licenses held by NextWave.
- NexWave Surprises Industry. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p1
Reports the decision of NextWave Telecom Inc. to activate wireless networks in various markets across the U.S. Significance of the move to the company; Metropolitan areas where the networks were launched; Benefits from the networks.
- Reselling out. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/13/98, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the wireless resale plans of the telecommunications carriers on NextWave Telecom which had planned to act as a carriers' carrier and sell wholesale minutes on its networks. MCI Communications' deal with NextWave to buy ten billion minutes over ten years; PCS providers and cellular...
- NextWave Deal Still Not Settled. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the proposed deal regarding the sale of NextWave's wireless communication licenses. Terms of the proposed deal; Reason behind the settlement that was reached regarding the deal; Information on the companies that have sought for a refund of the auction for NextWave licenses.
- NextWave progresses on its market buildout. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // RCR;05/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p16
Reports that NextWave Telecom Incorporated made major progress in their national network buildout, successfully downpaying $12.5 on ten megahertz licenses. Company's call for respect for the network construction it has accomplished; Number of additional licenses granted in the auction of D-, E-...