Sprint Sets New Customer Record
- WIRELESS WOES INCREASE AS GROWTH RATES SLOW. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;01/28/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 3, p16
Reports that the United States wireless carriers are struggling to maintain subscriber growth rates as of January 28, 2002. Additional subscribers of Cingular Wireless in the fourth quarter of 2001; Expected subscriber additions of Sprint PCS; Key to the profitability of prepaid services.
- Mixed Signals in 2003 For Wireless Marketers. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;12/9/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p10
Looks at the economic prospects facing wireless marketers in 2003. Changes in the marketing personnel of Cingular Wireless Inc. and Sprint PCS; Factors attributed to the pressure facing marketers in the wireless communications industry; Issues facing wireless marketers in 2003.
- Cingular cuts prices to try to add customers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the decision of Cingular Wireless L.L.C. to reduce its prices for wireless communication services in the U.S., as of November 2002. Details on a limited-time pricing promotion introduced by Cingular Wireless; Expectations on the response of customers to the promotion; Information on...
- Wireless services tilt toward business. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;3/24/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the wireless services packages offered by telecommunication companies in the U.S. Cingular Wireless Inc.'s offering of pooled minutes where additional users can be added to business plans; Cost of Sprint PCS' Clear Wireless Workplace.
- Hedgehogging. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on the cellular telephones 8525 from Cingular Wireless and Sanyo M1 from Sprint Nextel.
- Wireless Lights Up The Big Screen. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p14
Discusses U.S. wireless carriers' use of movie tie-ins to promote new devices and capabilities. Cingular Wireless' integrated marketing campaign in conjunction with the May 3, 2002 debut of action adventure film 'Spider-Man'; Promotional partnership of Sprint PCS with the science-fiction movie...
- Stopping the Sale of Cell Phone Records. // Information Management Journal;May/Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the separate lawsuits filed by several cellular telephone providers against data brokers that operate Web sites they say illegally obtained customer telephone records in the U.S. in 2006. Wireless providers that have filed suits include Cingular Wireless, Verizon Wireless,...
- Carriers Batten down the Hatches. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;7/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p8
The article relates the measures taken by wireless communication operators in the U.S. in preparation for another potential harrowing hurricane season. The investments made by wireless carriers including Cingular Wireless, Sprint Nextel and Verizon Wireless in anticipation of the hurricane...
- Verizon Wireless tops customer service survey. // RCR Wireless News;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on a quarterly customer service survey of wireless carriers conducted by Vocal Laboratories for the fourth quarter of 2005. Verizon Wireless topped the Vocal Laboratories survey for the quarter. T-Mobile USA Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC both maintained their B rating for...