Filling The Money Jar
- What's with this? Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p10
Comments on issues involved in the wireless communications industry as of September 9, 2002. Analysis of a lawsuit filed against the industry for selling handsets that only-work on their networks; Decision of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. to change its name to T-Mobile USA Inc.; Inquiry of the...
- VoiceStream, Cingular Outline GPRS High-Speed Data Plans. Palenchar, Joseph; Smith, Brad // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p36
Reports on wireless carriers VoiceStream and Cingular Wireless's announcement of details about their high-speed wireless-data plans. VoiceStream's plan to become the first United States carrier to launch General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) technology in seven cities before the end of 2000;...
- European W-CDMA stalls affect U.S. players. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p12
Deals with the status of third-generation networks (3G) business in Europe, and its implications for wireless carriers in the U.S. Plans of Telefonica Moviles to abandon its 3G joint venture in Germany; Overview of the report released by the Yankee Group regarding capital expenditures on UMTS...
- Play That Funky Ring Tone. // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p40
Features several wireless communication systems providers and their customer services with regard to cellular telephone ring tones. Cingular; VoiceStream; AT&T Wireless. INSET: Ring Tone Risks.
- Getting to GSM. Junowicz, Gaby // Wireless Review;Jan2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p28
Presents information on the processes that telecommunication carriers adopt to provide Global System for Mobile (GSM) infrastructure. Reasons for adopting the GSM standard; Factors considered before implementing GSM; Information on Cingular Wireless' partnership with AT&T Wireless and Voice...
- Cingular and VoiceStream Join Forces. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p8
Focuses on the introduction of VoiceStream Wireless telecom in California. Utilization of Cingular Wireless network; Announcement of infrastructure sharing agreement; Set up of sales, distribution and customer structure of VoiceStream.
- VOICESTREAM/CINGULAR LINK ONLY A SHORT-TERM FIX. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;10/22/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p24
Provides information on the joint venture plan of wireless telecommunication provider VoiceStream Wireless and Cingular Wireless. Terms of the deal; Possible effects of the joint venture plan on both companies; Views of VoiceStream Chairman John Stanton on the deal's impact on profitability.
- 4 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p22
The article recollects how Cingular Wireless finally made its cellular debut in the New York market via a network-sharing arrangement with VoiceStream Wireless Corp. in July 2002, which allowed each carrier to use the other's network to fill in their coverage gaps in their networks.
- Cingular Wireless adds markets to U.S. data launch. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the decision of Cingular Wireless to add markets to its wireless data services in the U.S. Information on cities where the company launched its general packet radio services; Information on the roaming partnerships being planned by the company with other global satellite for mobile...