The Next Generation Arrives
- Cell-Phone Makers Implement Swappable Instant Messaging. Eccles, Lisa // Electronic Design;7/9/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p36
Focuses on the implementation of Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS) standard by four cellular-phone manufacturers. Launch of value-added services; Advantages provided by EMS standard to cellular customers; Expansion of EMS technology through the Short Message Service standard.
- Rolling out GPRS only half the battle. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
Deals with the challenges facing cellular telephone service companies after they launched the GPRS services. Information GPRS network of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless; Marketing issues which the companies must address; Lack of available handsets that can support the GPRS network.
- Multimedia messaging--It could get worse before it gets better. Knight, Fred // Business Communications Review;Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on multimedia messaging systems. Applications; Message types; Integration of voice and fax; Technological developments; Filtering and interoperability issues; Feedback from industry executives.
- Mega prices for megabytes? Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the General Packet Radio Service data pricing programs of mobile operators in Europe. Germany-based T-Mobile's Time 600 tariff package and time-based pricing option; Rate for KDDI's Au Win service.
- AMOISONIC DESIGNS GPRS PHONE W/ AGERE'S WIRELESS PLATFORM. // Telephone IP News;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of the wireless platform reference of Agere Systems by Amoisonic to develop advanced data and multimedia General Packet Radio Service mobile phones as of April 1, 2003. Features of the platform; Advantages and capabilities of the wireless platform to be used by...
- The marvels of the wireless Internet. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;May2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p30
Provides insights SmarTone's GX32 phone featuring the 1-megapixel camera phones. Shooting modes including macro for close-ups and a built-in fill-in light and flash; Multimedia messaging system; Improvement in wireless Internet access; Limitations of the phone with the general packet radio...
- Location-Based Mobile Services and Privacy : Controlling Access to Location Information. Tjostheim, Ingvar; Nordlund, Bjorn; Vestgaarden, Jorn Inge // Information & Communication Technologies in Tourism 2004: Procee;2004, p85
The use of the mobile Internet is still quite small. However, with GPRS and MMS, the anticipated growth has started. Still very few have tried location based services, but survey results indicate that there is a clear interest in location based services, particularly travel services that make...
- IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTONOMOUS SOLAR SYSTEMS FOR POWER SUPPLY OF TRANSPORT FACILITIES. Stjepanović, Aleksandar; Kostadinović, Miroslav; Banjanin, Milorad; Softić, Ferid; Bundalo, Zlatko // Journal of Trends in the Development of Machinery & Associated T;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p159
The problem with providing electric power to the transport facilities is not rare, particularly when these facilities are located in areas with little or no access to the standard electricity grid. One of the solutions to the problem of providing electricity supply to the transport facilities...
- Can mMode guarantee i-mode-like revenue? Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the launch of the mMode service, a mobile multimedia service, on the general packet radio service network of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Target market of the service; Need for the company to inform consumers about what the mMode can offer; Opinion of Eddie Hold, vice president of...