Carriers Wheeling And Dealing
- Dobson Communications begins IPO road show. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the plan of cellular service provider, Dobson Communications Corp. to begin a road show in advance of its initial public offering (IPO). Filing of a registration statement for the IPO with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission; Target amount to be raised from the IPO;...
- CenturyTel sells Alaska RSA 1. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p66
Reports sale of Alaska RSA No. 1 to Dobson Cellular Systems by CenturyTel Inc. in Monroe, Louisiana.
- CENTURYTEL JUMP-STARTS MONTANA EXPANSION. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;5/9/2005 Supplement, Vol. 246, p12
The article reports that the growing tourism industry in Kalispell, Montana, has put a major strain on a network designed to serve a small town, according to the telecommunication company CenturyTel. The difficulty in providing digital subscriber line service drew the attention of the state's...
- SHORT TAKES. // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p22
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of May 1, 2003. Antenna for wireless hot spots and consumer networks from Wireless Garden; Strategic alliance launched by Willtek Communications and Saab Test Systems; Cooperation between ART Advanced Recognition Technologies and...
- Fairfax news for Vodafone. // B&T Weekly;7/23/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2481, p2
Reports that Vodafone Group PLC has announced a partnership with Fairfax Network for the broadcasting of the latter's news content on mobiles in Australia. Terms in the agreement; Privilege of Vodafone Group PLC on the agreement.
- Late News. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of August 11, 2003. Agreement between Dobson Communications Corp. and LogicaCMG; Net income posted by Arch Wireless Inc. for the second quarter of 2003.
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p14
Presents an update on some cellular telephone companies as of August 30, 1999. Information on a deal between Midwest Wireless Communications and Century Telephone Enterprises; Team-up between Omnipoint Communications and the Cops for the Community program.
- CENTURYTEL BACK IN WIRELESS WITH VIRTUAL OPERATOR PLAY. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/27/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p16
Reports that CenturyTel will be reselling Cingular Wireless voice service business. Comment of CenturyTel chief operating officer Karen Puckett regarding the decision to resell Cingular Wireles; Launch of a mobile virtual network operator business; Plan to integrate wireless directly with its...
- 3 smaller carriers report increases in data ARPU. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the financial results of 3 smaller carriers. Dobson Communications Corp. reported solid results for the final period of 2006, growing its subscriber base and increasing its average revenue per user. However, CenturyTel Inc. posted lower operating revenue and profits for...