Motorola Opens New CDMA IX App
- Sprint, Motorola to trial 3G CDMA technology. // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p29
Announces an agreement between Sprint PCS and Motorola Inc. to begin a third-generation trial of Code Division Multiple Access digital wireless technology in the third quarter of 2000. Objectives of the trial.
- Motorola fiefdom drawing a crowd. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;11/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p3
Another telecommunications market that Motorola Inc. created and once monopolized is about to get competitive. Since the mid-1990's, Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola has been the only supplier of cellular telephones with a built-in walkie-talkie feature. Called "push-to-talk" because users...
- Motorola cross-technology offering allows 'global PTT'. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/31/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the launch of the first cross-technology Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC) solution rooted in wireless networks by Motorola Inc. Major wireless technologies covered by the solution; Benefit of the solution to customers of code division multiple access carriers; Interoperability issue...
- Enhancements In Works For iDEN, CDMA Networks. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p23
Reports the benefits from upgraded iDEN and CDMA 1X technology to wireless carriers in the U.S. Development of the voice capacity of iDEN networks of Motorola; Type of services on expanded voice capacity to be offered by Nextel Communications Inc.; Price of Nextel handsets.
- Diversity Pays In A Down Market. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p12
Reports on the decline in the wireless equipment market in the U.S. in 2002. Sales of Motorola infrastructure in the third quarter 2002; Increase in Ericsson's sales of global system for mobile communication/W-code division multiple access (CDMA) systems; Revenue of Nokia from W-CDMA in the...
- MOTOROLA ENHANCES CDMA IP RADIO ACCESS NETWORK PORTFOLIO. // Networks Update;Oct2004, pN.PAG
This article focuses on the decision of Motorola Inc. to enhance its Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) Internet Protocol Radio Access Network portfolio. Motorola has enhanced its CDMA IP Radio Access Network (IP-RAN) portfolio with an expanded packet base station product line and a next...
- The Revolutionary. Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p36
Presents the views of Terry Vega, head of the code division multiple access device business at Motorola Inc. in the U.S., on the global wireless revolution. Evolution of cellular phones; Reaction towards the handset part of the business; Vision of Motorola.
- Nextel enters global push-to-talk agreement. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the deal between Nextel Communications Inc., Qualcomm Inc. and Motorola Inc. to develop Nextel's Direct Connect push-to-talk technology for global wireless network operators using code division multiple access platforms. Terms of the deal; Implications of the deal; Benefit that can...
- Carrying less costly wireless. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;8/23/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p25
Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) and Motorola Inc. have inked a multiyear agreement aimed at lowering infrastructure costs for wireless carriers. HP will provide Motorola, which will sell the solution, with Linux-based servers and software, as well as a controller system that adheres to the Signaling...