Is CDMA2000 IX Falling Behind In Asia
- Lessons from Japan. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p26
Reports on the number of subscribers signing up for KDDI network in Japan. Insights of KDDI President Tadashi Onodera on why his code division multiple access2000 1X network has had success versus NTT DoCoMo; Problem with DoCoMo's i-shot photo messaging service; Key features of 1X service by KDDI.
- CDMA CONGRESS TRUMPETS EARLY SUCCESS STORIES. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;06/17/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 24, p21
Deals with success stories in the code division multiple access (CDMA) community celebrated at the 2002 3G World Congress. Number of subscribers signed up by KDDI for its third-generation 1X network; Target subscriber growth of NTT DoCoMo Inc. for its wireless-CDMA network; Challenge facing...
- Killing the golden goose. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;05/15/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p102
Comments on the status of the third generation (3G) technology in Europe and the United States as of May 2001. Spectrum licenses given by the European government for NTT DoCoMo's 3G wireless-code division multiple access product; Problems posed by 3G technology.
- The Wireless World Cup. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the competition between South Korea and Japan in terms of wireless communication. Capability of the FOMA service of the Japanese NTT DoCoMo; Deployment of commercial cdma2000 1X systems by South Korean operators; Comparison of subscriber numbers for 3G wireless service.
- DoCoMo reaches 1M FOMA milestone. // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the success of NTT DoCoMo Inc. in hitting its 1 million mark for the number of users of its Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access (FOMA) third-generation wireless-code division multiple access service. Number of years of its service; Improvement of its handset quality; Percentage of...
- Test company supplies W-CDMA simulators to Japanese mobile firm. // Electronics Weekly;4/23/2003, Issue 2096, p10
Reports that Ubenetics is supplying NTT DoCoMo with mobile simulators for evaluating an experimental wireless code division multiple access system with high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) capability. Advantage of the cooperation to Ubenetics; Characteristics of the HSDPA; Forecast on the...
- DoCoMo Delays W-CDMA Launch. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p2
Focuses on the delay in the launching of the wideband-code division multiple access (CDMA) in Japan by the company NTT DoCoMo, which is scheduled in May 2001. Plans of DoCoMo after the delay; Effects of the CDMA delay on the wireless communication industry; Competing standards for the third...
- More Delays On W-CDMA For DoCoMo. // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the plan of NTT DoCoMo, a wireless carrier company in Japan, to turn on its wireless code division multiple access network on May 30, 2001. Limitations of the system; Coverage of the network; Details on the capacity problems experienced by NTT DoCoMo.
- Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access. // Network Dictionary;2007, p203
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access (FOMA)" is presented. It refers to 3G services being offered by Japanese mobile phone operator NTT DoCoMo. The first W-CDMA 3G service in the world, FOMA is compatible with standard UMTS, both via the radio link as well as...