Wireless Shines Amid Tragedy
- From The Editor-In-Chief. Piontek, Stephen // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/17/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 38, p3
Sympathizes with the families and friends of the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack in the United States. Recognition of the unity of people in New York City; Solidarity of people in times of crisis.
- Community, Leadership and the Emerging Social Importance of the Workplace. Kennedy, Sarah // Customer Interface;Nov2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p18
Discusses the efforts of companies in the United States to recover from the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the country. How managers and employees coped after the attacks; Changes in business practices; Importance of the sense of community in working relationships.
- Editorial. Nolch, Guy // Australasian Science;Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
Editorial. Comments on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States (U.S.). Role of technology in the attack; Concerns for the victims of terrorism; Views on the ability of the U.S. to eliminate terrorism.
- Businesses rally to help Red Cross. Schliesman, Kylie // Inside Tucson Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p1
Reports that business enterprises in Tucson, Arizona, are donating funds to the American Red Cross to help victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Businesses that contributed to the fund for victims; Amount raised for victims of the terrorist attacks.
- Local groups join national relief efforts. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p1
Reports that charity groups and businessmen in Tucson, Arizona, join together to contribute to relief efforts for victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Entrepreneurs who contributed to the fund for victims; Amount raised for victims of the terrorist attacks.
- Fearful Symmetries: 9/11 and the Agonies of the Left. Jay, Martin // Salmagundi;Winter/Spring2002, Issue 133/134, p48
Analyzes the symmetries of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Consideration of the event as a textbook case of dialectical reversal is one issue. This gives us some different views of the effect of cultural terrorism on individuals and how we as Americans tend to blame an...
- Do Sorrow and Grief Have A Sexual Orientation? Alvear, Michael // Bay Windows;9/20/2001, pN.PAG
Deals with the importance of the acknowledgment of the fact that gay men and women were among the dead and missing during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S. by the media. Comment on the refusal of the media to convey personal characteristics if they have to be explicitly...
- Grappling with so much loss, helping to ease the suffering. Cassels, Peter // Bay Windows;9/20/2001, pN.PAG
Deals with the sympathy and sorrow expressed by the U.S. gay and lesbian community for the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. List of gays who died from the terrorist attacks; Statements issued by Log Cabin Republicans and National Stonewall Democrats on the attacks;...
- ASHCROFT DEFENDS PATRIOT ACT. // American Enterprise;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the stand of U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft regarding the USA Patriotic Act, which was enacted by the Congress following the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. Views of Ashcroft on how to honor the victims of the terrorist attacks; Significance of the legislation,...