Western Plans Major Network Upgrades
- Mobility and IP: Still Distant Cousins. Stevenson, Dr. Iain // Global Telephony;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p10
Asserts that technical developments in cellular networks cannot deliver the benefits of seamless access to Internet protocol. Reception of traditional cellular operators towards innovation; Lack of key elements of technology; Need for network services that support the mobility requirements of...
- SHORTMESSAGE. // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p40
Reports and comments on developments relevant to the cellular telephone services industry as of November 2002. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communication systems.
- Zooming In On ZigBee. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p22
Presents information on the ZigBee wireless communication standard. Development of the interoperability guidelines of ZigBee; Difference between ZigBee and Bluetooth technology; Target application of the wireless standard.
- Ramping Up For Wireless Data Speeds. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p29
Comments on the increase in the wireless data network speed. Preparation of the back-end resources for faster wireless data access; Data transmission rate of the EDGE system of AT&T Wireless; Outlook for the market in 2004.
- Branding pain. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2007, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p6
The author reflects on the need for telecommunications companies to transform their brand if they are to deliver revenue growth and expand beyond their domestic markets. He notes that new mobile operators, such as Vodafone, NTT DoCoMo, Verizon Wireless, Orange, TIM and T-Mobile, are seen as the...
- Techtalk: Wireless Networking. Caverly, David C.; MacDonald, Lucy // Journal of Developmental Education;Spring2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p38
Discusses key issues concerning wireless networking. Adopting and adapting into instructional repertoire; Appropriation of cellular networks; Implications on developmental education.
- Making the Internet 'to go'. Tan, Raymond // Wireless Asia;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p24
No abstract available.
- In mobile phone business, voice is still the "killer app" Clark, Robert // America's Network;12/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 18, p16
Focuses on the significance of voice communication as the most lucrative in terms of revenue of all mobile content and application in the U.S. Strategies of the mobile phone services industries to entice more users to choose voice communication; Challenge of persuading voice customers to make...
- Digital: A Different Kind Of Migration. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p25
Reports on the decision of personal communication service system (PCS) carrier Western Wireless company to switch its cellular telephone services in the United States from analog to digital. Disadvantages of analog PCS; PCS operators which have upgraded from analog to digital; Value of...