3G Setback A Boon For Fixed Wireless
- Testing A Package Deal. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communication Commission's decision to experiment with combinatorial bidding on the 700 MHz spectrum. Response of BellSouth Cellular Corp. to the decision; Actions taken by SBC Wireless Inc.; Reasons for the opposition of Verizon Wireless to the package...
- FCC Takes On Consumer Quality. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 26, p3
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is committed to the policies that improve the quality of telecommunications service. Aim of Cell Phone Service Disclosure Act of 2001 introduced by Representative Anthony Weiner, (D-N.Y.); How the commission plans to address...
- FCC approves 800 MHz petitions from previous backlog. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Announces the United States Federal Communication Commission's (FCC) ruling that specialized mobile radio (SMR) carriers are qualified for wide-area licenses. Reason for the previous failure of SMR applicants to gain an approval for the licenses; Requirements asked from applicants before the...
- 800MHz licensees move for relocation stay. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1999, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the motion to stay the relocation of the 800MHz spectrum mobile radio service as initiated by the United States Wireless Telecommunications Bureau. Move filed by Schwaninger & Associates; Plaintiffs' fear of losing unencumbered ownership over lower spectrum channels; Motion's...
- Combo-bidding Reviews Mixed. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the mixed reactions of telecommunication carriers to the combinatorial bidding proposal on spectrum by the United States Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Contention of VoiceStream Wireless in its filing with the FCC; Carriers that support combinatorial bidding; Concern of SBC...
- AMTA Irks Potential Rivals. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p5
Reports that the plans of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) to become a frequency coordinator has raised criticism from potential rivals. Reasons for the criticism against the AMTA; Competitors of the group; Position of the Federal Communications Commission on frequency...
- Relocation Costs May Stifle MSS. // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p42
Focuses on the contention of satellite companies that a United States Federal Communications Commission Report and Order on spectrum allocation will prove costly for the telecommunication industry. Information on the order; Result of costly relocation payments.
- C Block Hits Carving Block. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is planning to change each 30-Megahertz C-Block frequency spectrum. Reactions from small wireless telecommunication companies; Actions taken by large telecommunication companies.
- Clinton's 3G Pandora's Box. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p6
Focuses on an October 2000 decree of United States President Bill Clinton to the Federal Communications Commission to hold 3G auctions in internationally-designated spectrum bands. Technological and economic risk involved in 3G; Advantage and disadvantage of more cellular technology.