Reseller Survives Latest Viruses
- Business briefs. // San Diego Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p9
Presents a number of news reports affecting the business sector in San Diego, California, compiled as of June 28, 1999. Economic impact of virus and worm attacks on information systems; Increase in international trade passing through San Diego in 1998; Inclusion of two San Diego tech firms in a...
- Computer Hacks Cause More Losses. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2000, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p60
Discusses the disruption and dollar losses presented by computer viruses and other computer attacks to business enterprises. Projected amount of losses in the United States business sector; Increasing rate of concern over the issue of security.
- When a virus strikes your PC. Mangelsdorf, Martha E. // Inc.;Mar95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p121
Describes the experience of Anthony Ferdaise and his business partner with a computer virus that erased every file on their personal computer's hard drive. How they used data-recovery software to try to recover some of the lost files; How the virus set back the company's new magazine launch by...
- Central command on antivirus battlefront. Sable, Lauren E. // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/19/99, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the growth of Cleveland, Ohio-based Central Command Inc. Products and services offered; Increase of sales of Internet security software.
- Merry Christmas? Not if virus writers have their way. Haney, Clare // InfoWorld;08/23/99, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p10
Reports that anti-virus software company Central Command Inc. discovered a Windows 32-bit operating system-based computer virus that is set to activate on December 25, 1999. Likely effect of the virus on computers; Modes of infection of the virus; Information about the virus from anti-virus...
- Love Bug Sparks Interest In E-Commerce Insurance. // Best's Review;Jul2000, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p132
Reports that the Love Bug computer virus has sparked interest in electronic commerce insurance in the United States. Economic cost of the virus in terms of lost productivity; Description of the virus; Insurers' offer of specialized liability insurance coverage.
- The cost of virus protection. // PC Week;3/3/97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p126
Presents the results of the 1996 Computer Virus Study. FIgures on the cost of protection against computer viruses to companies; Details of the study.
- Virus attacks cost businesses $7.6 billion in 1999. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul99, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p67
Reports the increase of monetary losses due to computer virus in the United States based from the study of Computer Economics. Impact of the computer attack on the economy; Frequency of the attacks; Prevention of the systems attack.
- E-Mail Virus Gives Firms Slight Fever. Malone, Scott; D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 89, p2
Examines the effect of the virus Love Bug on the computers of apparel businesses in the United States. Levi Strauss' early identification of the problem; Slowdown of the operations of Anne Klein; Apparel firms which were warned about the problem before they opened their systems; Strategies in...