Sony, NEC Trim Forecasts
- The Year Past And The Year Ahead. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p49
Comments on the effects of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on the wireless communication industry. Anniversary of the attacks; Performance of the industry in introducing technologies and products.
- STOCK TO WATCH: CAMPBELL SOUP. Joseph, Varghese // Business News New Jersey;11/6/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p20
Reports on the effects of the terrorist attacks in the United States on the sales of Camden's Campbell Soup. Impact of the fear of anthrax exposure on the stockpiling of canned goods by people; Speculations of the short-lived profit increase on the unability to sustain the sales momentum;...
- Tour agencies under new pressure. Barecz, Peter // Slovak Spectator;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the decline in the profits of travel agencies in Slovakia following the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. Views of tourism experts on the industry; Role of the government in protecting the industry; Bugdet for the industry in 2002.
- 9/11 Still Affecting Duane Reade. Longo, Don // Retail Merchandiser;Sep2002, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the effect of the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 in New York City on the financial performance of Duane Reade in 2002. Earnings estimates of the company for the third quarter of 2002; Number of stores that Reade planned to open in 2002.
- Past the cycle's trough. Baker, Colin; Ionides, Nicholas // Airline Business;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p75
Presents information on the revenues of airlines in Europe in the fourth quarter of 2001. Trends that emerged in 2001; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.; Profits reported by airlines in Asia in the second half of the year.
- City Centre 'vindicated' in switching from high street. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/12/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4239, p10
Reports on the profits posted by City Center Restaurants for the six months ended June 30, 2002. Increase in the profits at its leisure park restaurants; Impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the company's airport restaurants.
- Suppliers meet expectations, with boost from automakers. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
Examines the effects on the implementation of a zero percent financing to the sales of cars and trucks in the U.S. List of companies with an increase earnings; Statistics on the first quarter revenue of JCI Automotive; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack to the industry.
- Terror Attacks Hurt Profits. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;12/12/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 45, p36
Presents information on the profit decline experienced by the chemical industry in the United States, following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Companies that are affected by the attacks; Statistics on the decline.
- Singapore Airlines posts a 54pc decline in profits. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/27/2002, Issue 2515, p21
Reports on the decline in the profits of Singapore Airlines as of March 2002. Factor that affected the decline in profits; Restoration of services eliminated after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.