Craig McCaw Sheds Assets
- More than one milestone. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;8/23/93, Vol. 225 Issue 8, p7
Discusses AT&T's announcement of acquiring McCaw Cellular Communications that can restructure the telecommunications market. Craig McCaw's decision to sell the family business; Redefinition of wireless communication service; Domination of telecommunication industry by company conglomerates.
- AT&T, McCaw merger unites wireline, wireless worlds. Titch, Steven // Telephony;8/23/93, Vol. 225 Issue 8, p8
Discusses corporate merger of AT&T and McCaw Cellular Communications Company. Largest merger in telecommunications industry; Synergy of wireline and wireless communication systems; Market share of cellular subscription; Equal access of regional holding companies in long-distance carriers...
- DOJ says Greene should examine McCaw/AT&T deal. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;1/10/94, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the United States Justice Department's motion for review with U.S. District Judge Harold Greene on the proposed acquisition by AT&T of McCaw Cellular Communications. BellSouth's arguments for the need for a waiver of the Modified Final Judgment; Implications of the DOJ's move to the...
- The big keep getting bigger and better. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;9/26/94, Vol. 227 Issue 13, p5
Opinion. Focuses on the implications of the acquisition of the McCaw Cellular Communications Inc. by American Telephone & Telegraph Co. (AT&T). Effect of the acquisition on the development and marketing of telecommunication product lines of the companies; Impact on the telecommunication...
- The interactive super-hype-way. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;3/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p15
Reports on critic's reactions to Microsoft chairman Bill Gates and McCaw Cellular Communications chairman Craig McCaw's scheme launching communications satellites. Skepticism over financing of information superhighway project; Services to be offered by global satellite communications network;...
- Never underestimate the big one. Mason, Charles // America's Network;03/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p6
Provides information on AT&T Corp. Failure of the company's earlier attempts to reshape itself; Acquisition of McCaw Cellular Communications by AT&T; Improvements in the company during the term of chief executive officer Michael Armstrong.
- McCaw legacy lives on in today's wireless start-ups, mainstays. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p7
Profiles several former executives of McCaw Cellular who are still in the wireless communication systems industry in the U.S. Jeff Brown; Rob Mechaley; Rick Applegate; John Chapple.
- Will AT&T/McCaw live happily ever after? Stay tuned. Eby, Deborah // America's Network;10/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 20, p18
Reports on the merger of American Telephone and Telegraph Co. and McCaw Cellular Communications. Competitors' legal actions against possible monopolization of the telecommunications industry in the United States; Prevention of anticompetitive abuses.
- RHCs set to crash AT&T/McCaw hearing. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;7/25/94, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p7
Reports on Bell regional holding companies (RHC) BellSouth, Nynex, Southwestern Bell and Pacific Telesis' filing in court of arguments that they be allowed to sell long-distance services to their own cellular customers if the AT&T/McCaw merger is approved. Opposition to the merger as a...