Trade Shows Face Postponements and Cancellations; Others Proceed
- What to Do While You Wait for the Recovery. Mandel, Jed // Medical Meetings;Jul2002, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p103
Discusses issues regarding the meeting industry. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on meeting planners; Role of planners in the industry; Advice for planners during a recession.
- JSEAD Conference Rescheduled. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p71
Highlights the Joint Suppression of Enemy Air Defense conference in the United States. Emphasis on the postponement of the conference due to the September 11 terrorist attacks; Description of the conference program; Exclusion of the aircraft static displays.
- Global trauma central to conference discussion. Gladue, Yvonne Irene // Windspeaker;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p17
Discusses the effect of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. during the annual conference in Barrie, Ontario. Global trauma due to the attacks; Theme of the conference; Activities of the conference.
- A world changed. Anderberg, Ken // Communications News;Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
Comments on the impact of the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 in the United States on the Networld+Interop conference held at the World Congress Center. Issues discussed at the conference.
- Session added to privacy conference. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p16
Reports the influence of the terrorist attacks on the decision to add a session to the Privacy2001 Conference in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The Crisis, The Challenge. Finnigan, Annie; Mahurin, Matt // Working Mother;Dec2001/Jan2002, p37
Focuses on the impact of September 11 terrorist attacks on the schedule of WorkLife Congress in New York, New York. Focus of the congress; Postponement of the program; Implication of the terrorist attacks on the theme of the program.
- The Turning Point. // Working Mother;Dec2001/Jan2002, p42
Provides tips for companies on helping employees to survive after the September 11 terrorist attacks as cited by Ellen Galinsky during the Working Mother's annual WorkLife Congress in New York, New York. Recognition on the need of other people; Initiatives on upholding one another; Information...
- The Phone Call That Matters Most. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;10/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p5
Comments on the challenges faced by U.S. wireless communication networks in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Effect of the tragedy to wireless communication networks; Views on the wireless data initiatives of the industry; Limitations of wireless phones.
- Networks Under Test. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;11/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p12
Discusses the services provided by wireless telecommunication networks during the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. Traffic in telecommunication networks after the attacks; How telecommunication carriers maintained wireless communication services...