Heading For Browser Demise?
- Shop Till You Drop. // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the role of voice processing and wireless technology in converting Internet browsers to local store shoppers. Statistics on wireless users.
- Pixo expands offerings beyond WAP. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p50
Reports the launching of the wireless phone products developed by Pixo Inc. in the United States. Utilization of the hypertext markup language (HTML) in the Internet Microbrowser 2.0; Advantages of the microbrowser for carriers; Introduction of the Pixo Platform 2.0, a software platform for...
- Browser market big. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p29
Focuses on the state of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) browser industry in the U.S. as of March 17, 2003. Main companies that are competing in the area by licensing their WAP technology to handset makers; Role of browser technologies in the wireless industry; Focus of most browser...
- Web-based applications put real-time world into wireless hand helds. Steinmetz, Jay // Frontline Solutions;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p58
Comments on the benefits of implementing the Web-browser technology into wireless hand-held devices. Provision of more space to describe and display transactions; Faster implementation of the program; Availability of common programming languages.
- Handheld Combat. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;2/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p22
Offers a look at the role of mini-browsers in the evolving wireless Internet technology. Comments from Felix Lin, chairman and co-founder of AvantGo; Problems in mini-browsers; Application of mini-browsers into handsets.
- SHOUTING AT THE NET. Ploskina, Brian // Interactive Week;2/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the voice portals technology offered by wireless providers for browsing the wireless Web. List of companies developing the technology; Incorporation of speech recognition in the interface; Comments from Amol Joshi, co-founder of BeVocal company.
- A Step Up On Competition. Careless, James // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p27
Reports the success of GoAmerica in launching its Go.Web wireless browser. Implication of the launching on Research In Motion 950 and 957 two-way messaging pagers; Benefit offered by the browser.
- Microsoft brews microbrowser. Cox, John // Network World;05/10/99, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p8
Reports on Microsoft's portable microbrowser that lets wireless smartphones access parts of the Web. Competitors; Features; Capabilities.
- Microbrowsers will WAP up lots of data. Chowdhry, Pankaj // PC Week;12/06/99, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p95
Discusses the potential of microbrowser technology in providing access to corporate information for employees. Combination of Wireless Access Protocol and the associated Programming model to provide efficient wireless protocol; Markup language optimized for small screens; Problems with...