MMS Goes Live
- Logica unveils SMS service for landlines. // Marketing Week;6/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p8
Reports the launching of a text service by short messaging systems company Logica. Ability of the service to create an automated voice option for home phones; Negotiation of the company with two interested parties for its messaging parties; Features of the Fixed Line Short Message Service Center.
- The fast and the furious. // Wireless Asia;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p36
Reports the Guinness record earned by Logica concerning short messaging service. Speed and distance of text message sent; Route of the message; Demonstration of the features of Global Interconnect Network of the company.
- LOGICA LAUNCHES MOBILE COMMUNITY MESSAGING SERVICES. // Telephone IP News;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, pN.PAG
Announces the launch of a suite of Mobile Community Messaging services from mobile messaging provider Logica. Benefits of the messaging services to the subscribers; Key features of the messaging services; Background of Logica.
- Logica. Ockenden, James // Utility Week;4/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p25
Profiles British telecommunication operator Logica. Information on the text messaging revenues of Logica; Plans of Logica for the utilities sector; Increase in the profit of Logica.
- Top Five U.S. Carriers Now Offer SMS Interoperability. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to began offering its subscribers in the U.S. the ability to send and receive text messages to and from subscribers of other service providers, making the fifth national carrier to offer such interoperability, as of April 2002. Other firms offering...
- VERIZON WIRELESS LAUNCHES VTEXT.COM. // Telephone IP News;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, pN.PAG
Announces the launching of vtext.com, the text messaging Web site from Verizon Wireless which could send messages to groups.
- Australia unveils SMS guidelines. // Precision Marketing;9/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p9
Reports that the Australian Communications Industry Forum has developed a self-regulatory Code of Practice for short messages service marketing in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory. Conditions for marketing messages.
- Text Messaging Capabilities Added to Chicago's 311 and City Alerts System. // Chicago Weekend;12/26/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p3
The article informs that text messaging capabilities is added in the city service system of Chicago Illinois, Chicago's 311 and City Alert System.
- Text to 9-1-1 services expanded. // Ellis County Press;11/20/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the expansion of the emergency text to 9-1-1 services in Ellis County, Texas.