Wireless Village Demos World Interoperability
- Text messaging volume rises in Canada. // RCR Wireless News;12/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p17
Focuses on the increase in the volume of text messaging in Canada as of December 2002. Increase in the volume of text messaging in Canada since April 2002; Number of text messages sent in Canada as of November 2002; Competition among wireless carriers.
- U.S., Canada consolidate North American text message market. // Site Management & Technology;Winter/Spring2003, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the cross-border inter-carrier text messaging services introduced by the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association and the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association in Canada and the U.S. National service providers that will offer the service in Canada; U.S....
- Get the message, eh? Bischoff, Glenn // Wireless Review;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the interoperability of the short messaging service (SMS) among wireless carriers in Canada. Comparison with the U.S.; Reason why SMS did not perform well in North America; Number of messages sent in November 2002.
- The Keynote SMS Index. // America's Network;3/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p47
Highlights the measurement of the average response time and availability of sending and receiving short message services through U.S. wireless networks by using the Keynote SMS index. Elements of each measurement; Process of originating a message; Characteristics of the short message service. ...
- The leaky valve of SMS. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;9/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p16
Presents the results on the survey on short messaging in the U.S. Impact f network failures on the messaging services of wireless carriers; Performance of AT&T Wireless in the market; Contributions of multimedia units to data revenue.
- TXT Alert! Goldin, Naomi // Scholastic Choices;Jan2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p30
The article presents tips on how to send text message in a proper way.
- Clear message for SMS. Pickles, Mike // Wireless Asia;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p26
Details the success of short messaging service in Asia. Estimation on the number of messages sent in several countries; Effort of supplying telephones units with access to 2.5 and 3G platforms; Release of several phone applications.
- Location-based pub-finder SMS service launches. // New Media Age;5/20/2010, p09
The article reports on the launch of the location-based short message service (SMS) Weezat, to rival other services such as Gowalla and Foursquare.
- The Message: 3G Is A Medium. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the trend of providing text messaging services in mobile telephones. Description of a television advertisement promoting text messaging during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games; Challenge faced on making the composition of text messages easier to consumers; Recommendations.