Retrofitting The Future
- Tower power. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/17/97 Supplement, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p25
Cites issues complicating the construction and management of communication towers in the United States. Economic pressures during the planning stages; Technical hurdles brought by health concerns related to radio frequency emissions; Harsh regulatory obstacles imposed by the US Federal...
- Restoration And Recovery. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;9/24/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 39, p15
Discusses the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on New York City's World Trade Center on the wireless communications signal tower industry. Companies directly hit by the tragedy; Restorations efforts of carriers and tower owners; Opinion of real estate landlords on rooftop...
- Structurally Sound? Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p28
Provides tips for the preventive maintenance of wireless communication network towers. Inspection tips; Ways to see what kind of maintenance a tower needs; Techniques on how to check the tower's foundation; List of things to consider for tower maintenance.
- Stability (after a lot of pain) marks tower industry. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;8/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p12
Focuses on the growth of the wireless tower industry in the U.S. as of August 2004. Problems faced by the industry in previous years; Improvement shown by American Tower and Crown Castle; Strategic initiative explored by Sprint Corp.
- Captain moody's towering achievement. Scott, Aurella C. // Aviation History;May2001, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p30
Features the Portland Observatory Museum in Portland, Maine. Construction of the signal tower by Captain Lemuel Moody in 1807; Exhibits.
- Captain moody's towering achievement. Scott, Aurella C. // Civil War Times Illustrated;May2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, HISTORIC TRAVELER.com p30
Focuses on the signal tower of Captain Lemuel Moody on Munjoy Hill in Portland, Maine. Importance of the observatory to the arrival of ships; Transformation of the observatory into a historical museum; Exhibits featured in the museum.
- Commsite expands tower-buy program. // RCR;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p5
Announces the expansion of the communications tower acquisition program of Commsite International Inc. Reason for expansion of program.
- A cautionary tower tale. McCarthy, Bill // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the legal notice filed against Western Wireless for construction of a cellular tower in Medora, North Dakota. Enforcement of environmental and historical preservation regulations; Intrusion of historic properties; Criteria of the government for identification of places for...
- Tower activity up with new funding and new player. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;1/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the loans received by tower companies to finance their facilities expansion in the U.S. SBA Communications Corp. received $160 million to develop a new facility. Optasite Inc. obtained loans to be used to acquire and develop additional towers and sites. Skyway Towers LLC...