Does Globalization Promote Democracy? An Early Assessment
- Globalization and Localization:. Kelbessa, W. // Value Inquiry Book Series;2014, Vol. 276, p237
The article offers information on the concept of globalization and localization. Topics covered include the search for ways of understanding globalization, the contributions of local communities to global society and the response of people from various parts of the world to global changes. Also...
- Decision-making in foreign policy. Ahmed Aref AL Kafarneh // Journal of Law, Policy & Globalization;2013, Vol. 10, p56
Decision made by the governments are dynamics underlies their external and external attires. Therefore care should be taken when taking such decision because hasty decision might lead to confusion if they were taken arbitrarily, and this would affect negatively its relationship with other...
- What's left for the NDP. Rebick, Judy // Herizons;Winter2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on the formation of New Politics Initiative for antiglobalization movement in Canada. Details on the national convention of the New Democratic Party; Emphasis on the opposition on corporate globalization; Citations on people supported the convention.
- GLOBALIZATION, ECONOMIC SOVEREIGNTY AND AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT: FROM PRINCIPLES TO REALITIES. Okogbule, Nlerum S. // Journal of Third World Studies;Spring2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p213
The article examines the impact of globalization on the initiatives of African nations to adopt democratic constitutionalism, which would be the foundation of state transformation, legitimacy and credibility. The author contends that globalization, with its growing concentration and...
- Regime Behavior in 1989. Saxonberg, Steven // Problems of Post-Communism;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p45
Analyzes the conditions in the four former communist countries of eastern Europe which could help determine why the events of 1989 did not happen as predicted in democratization theory. Discussion on the proclivities of the leaders in four former communist countries; How democratization begins;...
- ...TIIN...A POLITIC... ï¿½N ...... RILE CANDIDATE LA UNIUNEA EUROPEAN... Klingemann, Hans-Dieter; Kulesza, Ewa; Legutke, Annette // Romanian Journal of Political Science;Spring2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
The paper draws on a report on the state of the art in East European political science based on country reports. It serves as a source for those interested in the degree of development and sophistication of the political science in EU accession countries, but stands also as a scientific...
- THE COLOUR REVOLUTIONS IN THE FORMER SOVIET REPUBLICS. SUCCESSES AND FAILURES. Plenta, Peter // Politologicky Casopis;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p87
No abstract available.
- Democracy: A drama in two acts. Ellwanger, J. David // Human Rights;Fall/Winter90, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p13
This article comments on the global state of democracy as of September 1990 in the wake of the 2,500th anniversary of the founding of democracy in Athens, Greece. In Brazil, the first popularly elected president in 30 years has taken office. After 50 years of strife, Namibia has been established...
- Filibuster reform is short of needed votes. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;7/28/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 89, p1
The article reports on the lack of support that Senate Democrats got form incumbents to push for filibuster reform at the start of the new Congress in the U.S.