On being a vegetarian teenager
- How Much Fruit? Pulver, Fred // Macrobiotics Today;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p38
Answers a question about the role of fruit in the macrobiotic diet. Consideration of the class of food as yin; Neutralization of the excess stored yang; Imbalance of the blood pH with more yin characteristics.
- Fruit-Vegetable Consumption Self-Efficacy in Youth. Thombs, Dennis L.; Heatey, Kathleen R. // American Journal of Health Behavior;May/Jun97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p172
No abstract available.
- Complementary and Alternative Dietary Therapies. Kogut, Valerie; Decker, Georgia M. // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p283
Discusses the most commonly used complementary and alternative nutritional therapies. Vegetarian diets; Macrobiotics; Wheat grass therapy.
- Food Zealotry and Youth. Frankle, Reva T.; Heussenstamm, F. K. // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1974, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p11
A growing group of young people are adopting eating patterns which may lead to poor nutrition and/or conflicts with adults. Those concerned with preventive health care and education of adolescents need to know more about the major types of diets and what these involve in order to be able to work...
- Living a Great Life. Coventry, Sahaja // Macrobiotics Today;May/Jun2005, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p5
The article presents the author's personal experiences of the benefits of practicing a macrobiotic lifestyle. She narrates that in 1992, she contracted a particularly severe bout of dengue fever in India. This was followed by another virus one year later in Bali, Indonesia and was to be the...
- Macro-Management. Villano, Matt // Vegetarian Times;Nov2003, Issue 315, p71
Presents information on macrobiotic diet. Description of the diet; Health benefits; History of the macrobiotic diet. INSET: Healthful Extremes.
- Macrobiotics in Israel. Rice, Sheldon; Rice, Guinat // Macrobiotics Today;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Looks into the macrobiotic practice in Israel. Compatibility of macrobiotic philosophy with Biblical accounts in many ways; Approach of the secular and modern orthodox Jews to macrobiotics; Lifestyle of macrobiotic practitioners.
- Starting Off Right? Ferré, Carl // Macrobiotics Today;May/Jun2005, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p28
The article presents solutions to the queries of readers of the journal "Macrobiotics Today." In response to the query of one of the readers for tips for making life better and the nutritious value of "Kashi" cereal, the columnist suggests that life is all about making choices. Every day one...
- In Sickness and in Health Using Macrobiotic Principles, Part 2. Ferré, Carl // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p5
The second part in a series of articles about macrobiotic principles is presented. Issues about the application of macrobiotics in health and sicknesses are examined using the seven laws and the twelve theorems given by George Ohsawa. The seven laws and principles of the order of the universe...