Putting the boot in
- Retailer's World Cup strategy. // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p3
The article presents information on the Ilkeston Furniture Centre's strategy to ensure that its staff comes to work during the football World Cup in June 2006. Mike Wood, the center's manager, does not like football but has allowed his staff members to bring in a television. Wood plans to do not...
- Going for the Goal. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/2/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 23/24, p3
The article announces that the Women's World Cup soccer tournament which starts on June 26, 2011 will be held in Germany.
- New York Fever 1995--it was a kick. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/11/95, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p14
Presents photographs of the 1995 World Cup Soccer Tournament championship game between the New York Fever and the Long Island Rough Riders at Westchester Community College's Barrett Stadium in Valhalla, New York.
- Sports Shorts. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/1/2010, Issue 1175, p9
The article offers information on the quarter-finals of the 2010 FIFA World Cup and also speculates about the performance of Ghana against Uruguay in the quarter-finals.
- HAVING A BALL. Moore, Brady // Boise Weekly;6/29/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p42
The article offers information on the U.S. Youth Soccer 2011 Far West Regionals on June 22-26, 2011 in East Boise, Idaho.
- Hays, Lehman boys set to open soccer season at Rebel Cup; girls looking beyond season play. Gordon, Jason // Free Press (Buda, TX);1/10/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 39, p9
The article reports on the soccer season of Governor's Cup wherein Hays and Lehman will play in the Rebel Cup in Texas.
- Setting our devils free. Davies, Hunter // New Statesman;6/28/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4290, p12
Comments on England's loss to Germany in the semifinals of the Euro 96 soccer tournament. Performance of British players during the match; Forecast on the winner of the Euro 96.
- Setting our devils free. Davies, Hunter // New Statesman & Society;06/28/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4288, p12
Focuses on the 1996 European soccer tournament held in England. Self-induced illusion that England could beat Germany; Inspirational games played by members of the English team; Nature of football that a classes can take part; Unforgettable look on Pearce's face during a penalty shootout.
- Sparks take second place in World Soccer Championship. Bone, Travis D. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2003, Issue 816, p24
Focuses on the participation of the San Diego Sparks soccer team in the 2003 International Gay and Lesbian Football World Championship in Boston, Massachusetts. Confidence of the Sparks of their victory; Evidence of the camaraderie of the teams.