DHS S&T Seeks Info on Wireless Broadband Demonstrator
- Outcome-Based Measures Would Assist DHS in Assessing Effectiveness of Cybersecurity Efforts. Wilshusen, Gregory C. // GAO Reports;4/10/2013, preceding p1
The article discusses a study conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) regarding the security of the communication systems in the country. It informs that the study analyzed policies and plans of federal agencies of the U.S. As per the study, private sector is responsible for...
- INFORMATION-SHARING, COMMUNICATIONS IMPROVEMENTS. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Sep2011, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p54
The article offers information on a progress report issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security based on the security benchmarks set forth in the 9/11 Commission Report. It highlights the concepts of information-sharing and communication improvements, which are at the core of the report...
- DHS Issues Draft RFP for BioWatch SETA. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that a draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support has been issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the BioWatch Program Office within the Office of Health Affairs.
- Exit Plan. Sternstein, Aliya // Government Executive;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on cancellation of one billion dollars of virtual fence in absence of availability of suitable technologies by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Remarks Following a Meeting With Congressional Leaders July 24, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1247
Presents the text of the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush following a meeting with U.S. Congressional leaders regarding the Department of Homeland Security legislation on July 24, 2002.
- Remarks on Proposed Legislation To Establish the Department of Homeland Security July 26, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1258
Presents the text of the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the proposed legislation to establish the Department of Homeland Security on July 26, 2002.
- Statement on House of Representatives Action on Legislation To Create a Department of Homeland Security July 26, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1264
Presents the statement of U.S. President George W. Bush concerning the action of the U.S. House of Representatives on legislation to create a Homeland Security Department on July 26, 2002.
- Homeland security starts at home. // eWeek;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p44
Editorial. Discusses the creation of the Department of Homeland Security by the U.S. President George Bush. Motive behind creation of the department; Factors that led to establishment of the department; Proposal of responsibilities for the department.
- Homeland Security opens shop in Silicon Valley. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;4/22/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p18
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to open a satellite office in Silicon Valley, California in order to improve relationships with technology companies.