DHS S&T Plans FY '11 SBIR Solicitation
- Homeland Security Spurs Innovation. Bass, Bret // Sound & Video Contractor;Feb2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program established by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to increase the participation of small businesses in federal security initiatives and solutions. The government thinks that the key to strengthen physical...
- DHS Plans Small Business Outreach Session. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/20/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p19
The article offers information on the small business outreach session to be hosted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization in Washington, D.C., on July 21, 2011.
- DHS Awards 11 Small Firms Potential $3 Billion For IT Commodities. // Defense Daily;2/14/2007, Vol. 233 Issue 29, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) awarded small businesses indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contracts under the potential FirstSource program. The program aimed at providing the department and its various agencies the competitive base from which to...
- DHS Seeks Industry Input On How To Improve Cyber Security For Small Businesses. // Defense Daily;2/25/2014, p1
In support of the new Cybersecurity Framework released by the Obama administration earlier this month, the Department of Homeland Security is seeking information from industryÂ…
- Homeland Security: Successes and Challenges in DHS's Efforts to Create an Effective Acquisition Organization: GAO-05-179. Sullivan, Michael J. // GAO Reports;3/29/2005, p1
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) organizations are expected to work together to protect the United States from terrorism. To support this primary mission, DHS has been acquiring billions of dollars worth of goods and services. DHS also has been working to integrate the disparate acquisition...
- Think Small, Contractors Say. Gruber, Amelia // Government Executive;Dec2003, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p16
The U.S. Homeland Security Department routinely favors large contractors, passing up inexpensive and innovative technologies offered by small businesses, owners of small companies recently told a House subcommittee. Administration officials disagreed, saying the department is doing a good job of...
- DHS Launches Ready Business. // Government Security;Oct2004, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the United States Department of Homeland Security has launched Ready Busines, an extension of its Ready Web site, to small to medium-sized business prepare for emergencies. Success of the Ready Web site for individuals and families.
- DHS Seeks More Standardization For Its Computer Systems Through FirstSource II. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/31/2011, Vol. 252 Issue 22, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is planning to buy improved computers, laptops and other equipment for its employees under the FirstSource II phase of its FirstSource program. It is mentioned that the new equipments will help the department to compete in...
- Homeland Security now vogue in Las Vegas. Richards, Sally // Las Vegas Business Press;8/18/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p4
Focuses on the popularity of Homeland Security in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dinner for small businesses sponsored by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce discussing on Homeland Security; Background information on Homeland Security; Advantage of Homeland contracts to small businesses.