CBP Expanding Use of Border Checkpoint Technologies with New Unisys Contract
- Secure Investments. Newell, Elizabeth // Government Executive;Aug2010, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p40
The article reports that border security and immigration are the two priorities for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and it has awarded contracts worth 13.6 billion dollars in 2009. Details on the implementation of Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative by the U.S. Customs and Border...
- Boeing Video Solution For Border Security Customizable For Multiple Sensors. // Defense Daily International;2/14/2013, p4
The article reports that Boeing Co. has proposed its Active Detection and Surveillance System (ASDS) for the U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Remote Video Surveillance System (RVSS) program. Bryan Palma, vice president for Cyber and Security Solutions for Boeing's Electronic...
- Border Wars. Bruno, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/23/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 32, p69
The article examines the use of drone aircraft by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The department's development of a drone aircraft for coastal surveillance and maritime patrol is considered, including disputes between the agencies working on that program, Customs & Border Protection...
- WILL THE FOURTH AMENDMENT PROTECT YOUR LAPTOP AT THE BORDER? FLOYD, JOHN T. // GPSolo;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses the border security operation of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents of conducting in-depth searches of laptops. It mentions the policies that have been revised concerning the indefinite confiscation of laptops...
- Brokers, Hear This: You Need To Become Professional. // Bar-Code Border;2/1/2012, Vol. 10 Issue 225, p3
The article discusses the move of the U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to amend regulations concerning its transaction with custom brokers to conform with the advancement in technology and the agency's facilitation objectives.
- ACE's Slow Lane. // Traffic World;6/6/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p13
Reports that the United States Bureau of Customs & Border Protection has delayed the launching of its automated trucking manifest system called Automated Commercial Environment program in places outside the state of Washington. Debut of the program in December 2004 in Blaine, Washington;...
- Coffee cups warned campers about killer. // Specialty Coffee Retailer;Feb2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the use of coffee cups by pilot of a helicopter of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency to send a message to four hikers at Mount Rainier in Washington warning them about a Benjamin Colton Barnes, a gunman who had killed a ranger.
- New Box Seal Standard Has To Be Delayed. // Bar-Code Border;2/17/2012, Vol. 10 Issue 226, p4
The article reports that a new internationally approved seal standard for cargo containers has been delayed, as stated by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection bureau.
- Get Into U.S. Faster. // Bar-Code Border;12/20/2010, Vol. 9 Issue 200/201, p12
The article focuses on the recommendation for voluntarily electronic-manifest (e-manifest) filing offered by the U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection for faster primary inspection of trailers and other exempted shipments.