Adjusting to the consumer
- Getting 'UK modern' right. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;1/25/2002, Issue 5271, p1
Comments on the market condition of furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Introduction of innovative and practical bed designs; Emphasis of the designs on the British's love for the divan; Opportunity for retailers to boost sales opportunity and attract different customer base.
- Comfort pays off in the bedroom. // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2003, Issue 5347, p22
Highlights a survey conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine on factors considered by consumers in Great Britain when buying a bed. Premium placed by consumers on comfort and price; Correlation between comfort and price; Importance of a bed's appearance; Marketing strategies used by retailers and...
- Bedding spending rises to $10.6B in '05 as more consumers buy high-end goods. French, Dana // Furniture/Today;4/10/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 31, pC2
The article reports on the results of the "Furniture/Today" magazine's Consumer Buying Trends Survey which showed that 15 million households in the United States have bought a mattress in 2005. The survey showed that bedding is the largest category in the furniture market. The survey also showed...
- Bedding & metal beds. // Furniture/Today;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p38
The article highlights latest trends of beds. Latex foam is extensively used in a variety of beds as a comfort statement. As the Furniture industry's fastest-growing product category, visco-elastic foam is once again in the spotlight. The metal works are also finding their way into the beds....
- Bed buyers. // Kids Today;May2008, Special section p4
The article provides information on the result of the Kid's Consumer Survey conducted by "Kids Today" and HGTV. According to the author, the survey shows that child's beds are usually bought at a traditional furniture store by two-fifths of consumers in the survey. Furthermore, 41% of consumers...
- Trundle Bed. White, Rick // Woodworker's Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p44
Presents method of designing trundle beds.
- Firm favourites. Jordan, Anne // Cabinet Maker;07/30/99, Issue 5148, p12
Features the contemporary and traditional trends in the bedsteads market in Great Britain. Increase in demand for wood bedsteads, according to several manufacturers; Sales growth in the bedstead and mattress markets; Popular designs in bedsteads.
- Mattress with the mostest. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2008, Issue 5578, p12
The article reports on the health and comfort features of manufactured mattresses and beds in Great Britain. Features such as foam products are developed to offer innovations and medical benefits to consumers. These products are composed of specially constructed ventilated layers. However, sales...
- Filling a niche. // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2001, Issue 5250, p16
Reports on the increase sales in high quality and luxury beds. Availability of luxury beds; Discription and prices for the products; Implications of the increase sales for the manufacturers.