Copyright infringers set to face the ACID test
- Felony copyright infringement in schools. Barton, Steven K. // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;1994, Issue 1, p143
Analyzes the felony copyright infringement in schools in the United States. Elements of the felony offense; Case law involving similar terms in both the civil and criminal violations; Likely sentences for those who violate the statute; Methods which can be used to avoid exposure of students to...
- ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENTS--COPYRIGHT. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Annual Review 2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p111
Reports on the decision of U.S courts on cases involving copyright infringement. Publishing company's exclusive licenses in the book form of several novels; Copyright Act's registration requirements of a particular constituent work; Internet search company's contributory and vicarious liability...
- Clothing counterfeiters caught. // Chinatown News;9/3/93, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p19
Reports on an RCMP raid that turned up large quantities of `knock-off' designer clothing resulting to charges against individuals for copyright infringement. Sale of reproductions of products at discount prices in flea markets; Provisions of the Copyright Act; Brand names of products...
- The changing world of international protection of intellectual property. Stanberry, Kurt // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the nature of the copyright infringement problem and the international efforts to address the problem. Sample piracy problems; Attitudes about intellectual property which causes intellectual piracy problems; Two competing philosophies on multilateral solutions to the intellectual...
- Church wins copyright case. // Editor & Publisher;2/3/96, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p30
Reports that a Virginia man has been found guilty of copyright infringement for putting online confidential texts from the Church of Scientology.
- Transcopyright: Dealing with the dilemma of digital copyright. Nelson, Theodor Holm // Educom Review;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p32
Presents a proposal for resolving problems regarding online copyright violations. Objective of Project Xanadu, a system of hypermedia publishing servers with deep version management; Underpinnings of a proposed permission doctrine; Supporting software aspect; Legal status of transcopyright.
- Copyright takes in technology. Mitchell, Selina; Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Jun98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Reports on an announcement from the Australian government concerning government provisions to reform the copyright protection laws concerning technology. Reason for the reforms; Details on topics that will be addressed in the reforms; When the bill will be available for public comment; What it...
- Trademark infringement claims may now be covered by insurance. Viscounty, Perry J. // Orange County Business Journal;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p12
Focuses on legal principals in trademark infringement claims, making reference to a ruling by the Second District Court of Appeal in Los Angeles, under a standard Commercial General Liability policy. Information on the case Lebas Fashion Imports of USA against ITT Hartford Insurance Group;...
- CISAC opposes Italian decree for copyright exemption. Dezzani, Mark // Billboard;10/19/96, Vol. 108 Issue 42, p56
Notes the opposition of the international authors rights body CISAC to the copyright laws policy in Italy. The exemption of non-profit organizations from payments, including public video broadcasts by youth centers; The concern that the renewable mandate will be made permanent.