Windsor Bed Company takes centre stage
- Abu Dhabi royals to back property veterans' fund. Bourke, Chris // Estates Gazette;4/26/2008, Issue 816, p53
The article reports that London & Stamford (L&S), the fund formed by property veterans Raymond Mould and Patrick Vaughan, has won the Â£200 million backing of the Abu Dhabi royal family. L&S would not comment on the identity of Cavendish's backers, but they are believed to be linked to the Abu...
- LEGALLY BINDING. De Vita, Emma // Management Today;Apr2003, p79
Sonny Leong is a former barrister. A smart entrepreneur, he launched Cavendish Publishing in 1990, when British universities were swapping their three-term years for US-style semesters. The web site now has 50,000 registered users, and e-book sales account for 25 percent of revenues. Cavendish...
- Majors enhancing high-end offerings. // Furniture/Today;2004 Bedding Yearbook, Vol. 28, p24
Reports on the luxury line of top bedding companies in the U.S. as of November 24, 2003. Launch of the single-sided line with TripLCased system by Stearns and Foster; Features of the Masterpiece products; Launch of Columbia Fine Bedding by Windsor; Price range of the Alexandria bed from Chattam...
- BAROMETER. // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p16
The article evaluates several furniture-related products including My First Bed collection from Silentnight Beds, Fifty lamp shade from Anglepoise Lighting, and Sleepflex Coolwave mattresses from Windsor Bedding Co.
- Royal Climb. // License!;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p200
Reports on the deal brokered by licensing agency The Licensing Co. (TLC) for client Royal Ascot with Windsor Bedding Co., a division of the Simmons Co. Global deal for four mattresses in 2004 aimed at higher end market; TLC principal Angela Farrugia.
- Simmons sets big push into luxury arena. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/4/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p2
Reports on the opening of the luxury bedding firm Windsor Bedding Co. LLC of the furniture firm Simmons in Atlanta, Georgia. Business operations of the firm; Products offered by the company; Role of Mark Owen in the firm.
- Mexican mfrs. feel heat from Chinese. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p1
Highlights the winter edition of Expo Mueble Internacional furniture show in Guadalajara, Mexico. Move of manufacturers in maintaining competitive positions in the industry; Decline in furniture exports to the U.S.; Investment of manufacturers in solid-wood furniture machinery.
- Retailers write orders in Calgary. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the outcome of the Market Showplace furniture show in Calgary, Alberta. Effect of the Canadian economic condition on the sales of furniture; Softwood lumber dispute between Canada and the U.S.; Participants at the show. INSET: Calgary attendee wins truck.
- Portugal fair stirs business with styles. // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p28
Highlights the 15th edition of the Expert Home show in Porto, Portugal. Number of visitors and exhibitors; Exhibitors' expectations on the resolution of the Iraq crisis; Introduction of innovative designs by Animovel, Agol and other furniture companies.