Who has Greenpeace helped?
- Part Four: Key Sectors of Trade and Investment: The Woodworking Industry. // Doing Business with Lithuania;2003, p210
The article focuses on the status of the woodworking industry in Lithuania. Private forests contribute to the growth in lumbering which amounted to 1.02 million cubic meters in 1999. The export of round timber increased to almost 40 percent from 1999 to 2001. Furniture sales increased from 117.3...
- EU gets tough on timber imports. Walker, Bob // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2010, Issue 5691, p28
The article presents a rundown on the new European Union (EU) legislation which will ban the importation of timbers. The legislation is still being finalized wherein the outcome will affect the whole furniture industry. Bob Walker of Ecofurn Ltd. stresses that the legislation will put the...
- Timber trade talks boldly of change. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb95, p22
Analyzes the timber industry in Great Britain. Issues affecting timber merchants including product grading and standards; Types of lumber including chestnut lumber; Forecast on sales for 1995; Technology involved in timber processing. INSET: Coming up fast on the outside rail...
- Can Russian `hot' logs fill American timber gap. Kiernan, Vincent // New Scientist;10/8/94, Vol. 144 Issue 1946, p8
Reports on the plan of Russia to export timber from Siberia to the United States. Shortage in the US due to restrictions on cutting trees; Irradiation as a cheaper way of ridding the logs of pests.
- China demand strong for Oregon logs. JACKLET, BEN // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p15
The article offers information on the rise in the timber industry of Oregon due to increased shipping of logs to China as the prices in the Chinese market rises in comparison to other markets.
- OVERALL LOG INDEX. // New Zealand Forest Industries;Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p4
Reports the decrease of the Agri-Fax Log Price Index measuring the whole forest in New Zealand. Uncertainty of the outlook for the export markets.
- Burma bans raw timber exports. // Bridges Trade BioRes;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p27
The article reports on the move of the government of Naypyidaw, Burma to prohibit and ban exports of raw timber as of April 1, 2014 due to deforestation of the timber reserves in the country.
- Country Overview. // Solomon Islands Country Review;2011, p1
The article provides an overview of the Solomon Islands from being a British protectorate in 1893 to being dependent of timber exports.
- Eastern PROMISE. Light, Liz // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the controversy surrounding the log exports of New Zealand to India. Amount of logs sold by New Zealand companies from April 1997 to December 1999; Impression on the Indian timber market; Details on softwood imports; Comparison between the uses of hardwood and softwood; Analysis of...