State of the Journal
- FROM THE EDITOR. DeNisi, Angelo // Academy of Management Journal;Dec94, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1425
The article presents comments from the editor reviewing the journal's progress in 1994. The author explains his personal experience as editor of the journal, and acknowledges the contributions of editors Maureen Ambrose and Anne Tsui. The author also explains statistics from 1994, including the...
- Will the parasite kill the host? Are institutional repositories a fact of life -- and does it matter? Morris, Sally // Serials;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p172
Despite an apparent lack of enthusiasm among academics themselves, institutional repositories seem set to grow. Two studies have highlighted the possible damage which could be caused to journal subscriptions by widespread self-archiving. If journals were damaged financially, the scholarly...
- How Not to Get Published. Martin, Jim // American Journalism;Summer2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p5
The author offers opinions on academic writing and the editing of scholarly periodicals. Suggestions, some humorous in nature, are made to writers on writing techniques or personal communication methods to avoid when seeking to be published in this publication or others. These include using the...
- Editorial Note. Sambamurthy, Vallabh // Information Systems Research;Jun2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p125
The article announces that the publication's reviewing and editing process will change from a single-blind to a double-blind process effective March, 2008. The reasons for the change in policy are given.
- Writing for Publication. HENSON, KENNETH T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Jun2007, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p781
The article presents advice for academic writers on getting published. Writers should remember that they are writing for a specific audience that expects a specific style and are interested in a specific content. Many writers attempt to please editors, but editors have their audience in mind and...
- Aims and Scope: UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal. McNeal, Betty // UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal;2008, Vol. 12 Issue 1/2, p63
The article presents the mission statement of the publication. Its aims in furthering knowledge created by gambling research are given. The editorial policies regarding articles submitted for publication are presented. Academic disciplines which are related to research on legal gambling are...
- EDITOR'S COMMENTS. Hillman, Amy // Academy of Management Review;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p7
The author offers opinions on management science and communication in the scholarship of that discipline. The role of scholarly periodicals in promoting communication between scholars and managers themselves is seen as highly important. The need for communication between scholars in different...
- Editorial policy. // International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship;Jul2008, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p336
The article presents the publication's policies on submission of papers for publication.
- Guidelines for Submission to Ethics & International Affairs. // Ethics & International Affairs (Wiley-Blackwell);2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p237
The article presents the journal's policies and guidelines for submissions.